Slump is Over!

Flamingo to Big Bend
kneedeep

Slump is Over!

Post by kneedeep »

I have been doing a fair amount of fishing lately, but I have had a short streak of bad luck the last 3 times I had gone out. As usual, I had no problems finding the Reds and getting them to bite,...I just could not seem to get one to the boat! :shock: I had recently switched from a 7.5 foot Red Bone to an 8 foot St. Croix for my favorite lure to throw in the cooler months, so I thought my timing might be off just a tad. Well, I went out early yesterday on the butt low tide and immediately found the Reds. I did not think they were gonna hit strong that early because it was still chilly and foggy. Much to my suprise, they hit and hit strong and the bite continued most of the morning except for a few minutes right at the change of the tide. Long story short, I hit 12 reds yesterday morning with the smallest being 25 inches and dinner and the largest being 28 inches. A very nice school of very fat healthy Reds and FULL of crabs. At least the one I cut open was.. :thumbright:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Slump is Over!

Post by DaveR »

I just have to drive north I guess. Well done sir!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
FLfishchaser

Post by FLfishchaser »

Solid fishing. I like your description of the tide.........butt low tide.
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Thanks!
I love those negative low tides when sight fishing for tails!! And it's even more fun catching all those fish and not even getting your knees wet while wading. :thumbright: Let me put it this way, the only thing feeding on the true flats were wild hogs. :shock: :cool:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."