New to Forum, Long Weekend Report...

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
patternw

New to Forum, Long Weekend Report...

Post by patternw »

Moved to Miami recently, and I've been borrowing a tandem canoe from a friend to get out there...

Paddled out of Black Point 3 mornings this weekend, with Friday and Saturday being the most productive. Mullet everywhere. Bones on the flats (still dont really know how to catch them, they come right up to the boat though), reds (i think), and a few tarpon and shark. Usually I catch trout here, but no luck this weekend. Caught a bunch of jacks and had something take me back into the mangroves and cut me off.

If anyone wants to get out around Miami, I'm game! New to this type of fishing, but really enjoy it and love to learn.

Looking to possibly buy a single kayak soon - have to sell my kiteboarding setup first though...

Cheers!
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Re: New to Forum, Long Weekend Report...

Post by jbdba01 »

Damn bones at the boat?!

My cousin has a 28' solar boat moored at Dinner Key. He just told me he's looking at up-sizing to 35'. :shock:

I've been trying to talk him into rigging up a kite to get more distance out of his batteries. Kinda like this, but on a different scale. How big is the kite and how much you want for it?
JB
patternw

Re: New to Forum, Long Weekend Report...

Post by patternw »

Not sure that this type of kite would work for that type of application. It's a 12 meter Cabrinha Switchblade, and I'm asking around $1000. Sounds like a nice boat though!