14' OT Sport Canoe ????

bigguy

14' OT Sport Canoe ????

Post by bigguy »

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/produ ... navAction=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has anyone had any experence with this canoe? Sams has it for 400$ and it peaked my intrest and i was looking for any helpfull input.
Pirogue

Re: 14' OT Sport Canoe ????

Post by Pirogue »

Yes- :evil:

This canoe is manufactured under many different names. I beleive the parent company is Johnson.

I have one distributed my Dick's called the Quest.

It is a very stable platform. And it handles like a barge. Mine has oil canned, or dented right between the stern seat and center seat. It is also heavy. We purchased this because my wife was not comfortable in my main ride, the We noh nah. She does not like tippy. This is not tippy at all.

So, if it is all you can afford and need to get on the water, I guess it would be okay. But given the alternative, and looking back, I would look used at the Indian River or other canoe out there. There are good deals to be had.
1 3 12 120 3000
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Check them out HERE.
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
bigguy

Re: Re: 14' OT Sport Canoe ????

Post by bigguy »

Pirogue wrote:Yes- :evil:

This canoe is manufactured under many different names. I beleive the parent company is Johnson.

I have one distributed my Dick's called the Quest.

It is a very stable platform. And it handles like a barge. Mine has oil canned, or dented right between the stern seat and center seat. It is also heavy. We purchased this because my wife was not comfortable in my main ride, the We noh nah. She does not like tippy. This is not tippy at all.

So, if it is all you can afford and need to get on the water, I guess it would be okay. But given the alternative, and looking back, I would look used at the Indian River or other canoe out there. There are good deals to be had.
Thanks for the input, this is what I wanted. I was hoping that this would be a good deal, but sounds like I should save up a bit more.
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

I have a solid boat for sale at $400. Its a Malibu Extreme. I have always loved this boat and hate to let it go but am forced to by storage limitations. PM me if interested.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

Check out Craigslist.. There are usually four or five available. Call first and take cash....
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]