Pelican Potomic 14.6 FINALLY, PICS. IN RIGGED BOATS

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
mikey

Pelican Potomic 14.6 FINALLY, PICS. IN RIGGED BOATS

Post by mikey »

I have used several canoes over the last 25 years and thought I wanted a yak but after trying some, I find that the canoe is the only way I can have freedom of movement with my multi-surgery scarred knees. I tried a Bell and a Native craft but they blew the budget so no go. I picked up the Potomic for under 300 new and it does just fine. I am neither small nor easy on my equipment and this tupperware canoe is getting the job done. It is heavy at 82 lbs., but when you put in the water, the weight makes it stable. I use oars for the getting to the fish and a double blade paddle from there. A small cart lets me get it to and from the water. It is not a fast vessel but time on the water for me is more important than speed. The ram-x material seems tough and the boat tracks well when under oar. A few mods will make it as fish friendly as the old aluminum canoe I started in years ago. No, it is not fancy or ultra-fast, but I'll take stable and tough instead. I dont care for the cooler/storage box in the middle as that is where I paddle from, so it was removed and replaced with a padded seat. I guess I would call this the pickup truck of canoes. I for one like it. :tongue1:
Last edited by mikey on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Striving to be the man my Beagle thinks I am.
JoeS

Re: Pelican Potomic 14.6

Post by JoeS »

Good on You.....Any Pics?????
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!