Land of OZ

Flamingo to Big Bend
BryanS

Land of OZ

Post by BryanS »

My buddy PJ and I decided to head out to Ozello this morning for a few hours to see if the bite had finally turned on out there. We’ve been fishing a little South of Ozello for the past few months, but this is the time of year that it usually begins to heat up.

We launched at first light and made our way out. Not to much happening for the first few hours, just one Rat, so we split up a bit to do some exploring and PJ was able to find a school of maybe 8-10 Reds in a little cove and was able to get two of them to nail the Skitterwalk. The first one was 31” and the second was 26”. I was able to make my way over to grab a pic of the second one. We fished the cove for another 30 mins or so, got a few big followers, but no takers.

We decided to start making the paddle in, but stopped to fish an area that I had seen some nice fish before. I made a cast up along the shore line and got the Spook about 10 feet from the boat and boom.. I was to busy chatting, so I didn’t see what hit the spook. All know was it was pulling the drag like hell, so I knew I had a nice fish. After about a 5 min fight, I had myself a nice 38” Snook.

Not a ton of fish, but the ones we caught were nice.

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it.
—Clarence Darrow
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Land of OZ

Post by MarkM »

Nice! OZ is definitely on my soon-to-do list. Never caught a snook there before. Good work!
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I'd like to get up there too. Nice feeesh!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
no time

Post by no time »

Good catching and nice boat...
What can I do to help?
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

How's that Native treating ya?
BryanS

Post by BryanS »

ChrisR wrote:How's that Native treating ya?
Love it!
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it.
—Clarence Darrow
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Very nice snook! I know that bar, but have never pulled a snook off of it.