Jackson Coosa

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
shallow pockets

Jackson Coosa

Post by shallow pockets »

$999 (Elite) – $799 (Super Linear)
•Length: 11’3
•Width: 31.5 inches (hull) 23 inches (interior standing platform)
•Weight: 63lbs without seat, 67lbs with seat
•Weight Capacity: 375lbs.

Well I finally got the Coosa on the water. I can say it performed just like I thought it would. The Coosa is designed for Rivers and lakes and I can see why. It is very slow and tracks horribly. I will say that it is very stable. And makes for a good fly fishing platform. It is not as easy to get up into the standing position as the Native Ultimate. The layout of the kayak is set up very well for tackle storage under and behind the seat. While we are talking about the seat all I can say is WOW! I thought the Native seat was the s!@#, but I now have a new favorite seat.Very comfortable! The Coosa will have a place in my fleet. Mostly for night fishing and flats trips where I know I won't have to paddle far. I will keep it short and simple from here.

Pros:
Stable in seating and standing position
Great storage space
Clean and roomy seating area
Very comfortable seat.
Seat is adjustable for high or low seating.
Lockable rod storage inside the hull

Cons:
Slow
Does not track well
Diffucult to get in and out of the seat after wading.
Paddle Keepers are a little hokie
No rear scuppers for stake out pole
Spins like a top when the wind is blowing. Putting the seat in the low position does help a little.

Just my thoughts.
Jackson Kayak Pro Staff