lOW TIDE FISHING

Flamingo to Big Bend
nemo327

lOW TIDE FISHING

Post by nemo327 »

I read the article by Heywood about tailing red fish. This inspired me to try low tide fishing. I went at dead low even to the point of paddling prop scars in order to get to the entrances to the flat. Once there I saw reds tailing, sharks cruising, and rays making exciting head wakes. The fish were gathered at the entrance channels waiting for another inch of water. Amazingly; there were 10 or more bonnett head SHARKS in view until the tide came in. They must be on the flats at all times but are very visible at dead low tide. Thanks Heywood for doubling my fishing opportunities. I now fish incoming High and dead low tides!
Heywood

Re: lOW TIDE FISHING

Post by Heywood »

Thanks, glad I could help.

A little something to hold you over till the next trip. :cool:

"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I was on tailers Tues morning. Grass was pretty much as thick as in the above picture. Couldn't get my flys down to them without hanging up. First cast with a jerk bait resulted in a hook up. Shallow water fishin is a blast. A morph of hunting and fishing. Great fun, I try to plan my outing around it.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

DaveR wrote:A morph of hunting and fishing.
Sure is! A great way to test your skills.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

On a few this morning, at the turn of the tide. Damn mullet ran them over while they were tailing. :cry:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
ZeroSix

Post by ZeroSix »

Damn mullet!!
“Buda! Wanna see the best thing about owning a Hobie???”

18 March - Eric Bell Memorial

Hobie Outback - Moss "Ole Blue"
Hobie Pro Angler - Dune "Big Phaddy"

Sr. Vice President ExPS-Elite -PFK-CaC