Happy Thanksgiving all!

Rik

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Post by Rik »

Our family welcomed a new addition this year with a daughter born to my son and daughter in law. I might be a bit biased but, IMO, she is the absolute best and most beautiful grand daughter in the entire world!

Living here on the west coast of Florida alone is a lot to be thankful for. While most fellow kayakers and fishermen across the country are putting their kayaks away for the winter or digging out their dry suits for cold weather paddling, we'll all be thinking about where we'll be fishing in shorts tomorrow while we fill our bellies with friends and family today.

Yes, all of our lives have challenges but I can imagine no other country in the world where the opportunity is afforded to all us to address those challenges head on.

I also give thanks to those brave men and women of the armed forces - past, present and future - who stand tall to defend our freedoms. The words "thank you" never seem to be enough.

And I thank all of you for making this site the best place on the internet for those who pursue their fishing hobby from paddle craft. It was started by two fine gentlemen many years back and I was given the honor to take the reins some years back to keep it moving forward. We continue to grow year after year and the wealth and sharing of information continues to amaze me. Old dogs and young dogs alike have learned a lot at our little corner of the internet. One little tidbit about the site. A good bit of the overall traffic every month comes from international originations. Fellow paddle anglers in South Africa, Australia, Israel, France, United Kingdom and others seem to be avid readers of the information we all contribute. Thank you all!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Re: Happy Thanksgiving all!

Post by Norm »

I second all those thoughts Rik :wink:

I have said in the past and continue to do so that I am so proud and thankful to be associated with such a fine and diverse group of people...sharing a wonderful sport together is just the icing on the cake :!:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

I second your second Norm.......Happy Thanksgiving All.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
EZYLYF
King of Broken Fly Rods

Post by EZYLYF »

Thanks P/F. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Very true Rik, very true. :wink:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone from the Heywood clan!!! :lol:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Post by Bigfish171 »

Well said Rik.

Best wishes to all for a happy and safe Thanksgiving!!!!
Dave
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow paddle fishers.
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

It was a FINE day .... hope y'all's was too!!! :thumbleft:
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Happy Thanksgiving!
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

Happy Thanksgiving all!.....went to mom and dad's with wife and kids....my nephews were there.....mom cooked a 36.6lb turkey and we didnt get 1/2 way through it.....took kids lake fishing and knocked out 3 good sized catfish for dinner this weekend......was a good damn day.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I am indeed thankful for all the pals I have met through this site. Thanks for keeping it going Rik.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

DaveR wrote:I am indeed thankful for all the pals I have met through this site. Thanks for keeping it going Rik.
Well said Dave!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?