Gasparilla Island 11/29

Flamingo to Big Bend
Pmoconnor89

Gasparilla Island 11/29

Post by Pmoconnor89 »

Last week I nabbed a slot redfish for dinner in a short half hour trip, so naturally with more time to fish today I headed out to find more. Unfortunately they weren't where I left them, but in there place I did find the other 2/3 of a slam.

This fish took a DOA paddle tail as I let it flutter to the bottom after a sharp twitch.

This fish took that same DOA paddle tail, just barely slot size but out of season. Right after that trout the tail on my paddle tail succumbed to a pinfish, and luck would have it I didn't pack any more, so I switched between various other soft plastics for the rest of the day. I nabbed a few more trout and then finally got a solid hit...

I was throwing a mirrodine, and this was the first time I had used a plug in months. I was making long wind aided casts (gusts up to 25 howling out of the north) and got this 25 inch snook to eat on the third twitch, with about 25 yards of line out making for a very fun fight.

All in all a decent day on the water especially with the winds.
DirksFishin

Re: Gasparilla Island 11/29

Post by DirksFishin »

Like always Nice fish!!! :cheers: Hows the water temp? I haven't been out in about three weeks.
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.
Pmoconnor89

Post by Pmoconnor89 »

It has been low 70's starting to see some upper 60's with this most recent front yesterday and today. Another front or two and I will be heading up the rivers.
DouGR81

Post by DouGR81 »

Nice report. The rivers down in my area are already holding some nice snook and jacks.
Hobie Fishing Team
2014 Hobie Oasis