Back from Maternity Leave!!lol

size matters

Back from Maternity Leave!!lol

Post by size matters »

Wow it has been forever since I have been able to get on the forum. I have been fishing but now share a desk at work and it is hard to get near computer. My wife and I have just had our second little girl and family takes a ton of my time. But I got big news....... I just ordered the Bassyaks system today. I got the saltwater upgrade, The Em, the lift kit and 40 series motor. This will go great on my Pro Angler. I also got the battery switch and the voltmeter. $1200 shipped. I now have the most expensive kayak on the planet..lol I cannot wait to try it.

One big question that I have is since I have never fished in the winter months with the water in the 60's. what can I Expect for fishing. Do I need live bait? Do lures still work when it is cold? Are the fish deeper or on the flats?

2nd biggest question.. does anyone on this forum have the bassyaks system? and who wants to come and drink some beer and install this thing? lol I am sure I will have no problem but some company would be nice.

Good to be back.
"President of the Dink Fishing Club"
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: Back from Maternity Leave!!lol

Post by Todd »

You never need live bait.

Congrats on the new addition Good luck on the upgrades to your boat err kayak...?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
gsellers1245

Post by gsellers1245 »

Ken, the best advice I can give you for winter fishing is slooooowwwww things down.
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
-Thomas Alva Edison-
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Todd wrote: Good luck on the upgrades to your boat err kayak...?
Can you say NMZ?
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
size matters

Post by size matters »

Nmz?
size matters

Post by size matters »

Nmz gheenoe? Another bunch of pro angler haters huh. Guess its time to find another forum .
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

size matters wrote:Nmz gheenoe? Another bunch of pro angler haters huh. Guess its time to find another forum .
Nah man, no hating here. Just joking with you.

To answer your question IMO lures work better in the winter, not as much bait on the flats in the cooler months.

Looked up the bassyak system, doesn't the PA have a trolling motor attachment? That is quite the system.
size matters

Post by size matters »

Trolling motor for pa goes into mirage drive hole.my biggest issue is that this thing takes a lot of water depth to use. With the mirage drive out and the bassyaks system on the back I will be able to go very shallow. The skegg will hit before motor will . I am a big guy about 290 lbs. The pro angler was a no brainer. I had a ultimate native and it was very tippy for me.
Rik

Post by Rik »

I fished alongside a guy in one of those boats today. Gotta say, there were times of envy. Whenever those times popped up, I suggested an area that was only 6 inches deep :twisted: He definitely had the upper hand on the against the tide and against the wind paddle back to the launch. Regardless, I still caught bigger fish then he did. :cool:
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Rik wrote:I fished alongside a guy in one of those boats today. Gotta say, there were times of envy. Whenever those times popped up, I suggested an area that was only 6 inches deep :twisted: He definitely had the upper hand on the against the tide and against the wind paddle back to the launch. Regardless, I still caught bigger fish then he did. :cool:
NPDH!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Todd wrote:
Exactly. No hate whatsoever. Just saying that if you put a motor on it ... even an electric motor you cannot enter a No Motor Zone. Even if it's disconnected.

That was my point. Nothing more. :)
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

GILs_GONE_WILD wrote:
Todd wrote:
Exactly. No hate whatsoever. Just saying that if you put a motor on it ... even an electric motor you cannot enter a No Motor Zone. Even if it's disconnected.

That was my point. Nothing more. :)
Gil I think NMZ is internal combustion exclusion, electric (trolling) is ok. And you can have the motor, it just can't be running. I think, but I usually get in trouble when............
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Rik wrote: Regardless, I still caught bigger fish then he did. :cool:
NPDH!
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Mark R wrote:

Gil I think NMZ is internal combustion exclusion, electric (trolling) is ok. And you can have the motor, it just can't be running. I think, but I usually get in trouble when............
Incorrect. There are no motor zones and those are exactly that no motor of any kind. The Mosquito Lagoon has those. More common on our coast are internal combustion exclusion zones, you can have a motor but cannot use it inside the zone. Weedon is an example of that.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Todd wrote:
Mark R wrote:

Incorrect. There are no motor zones and those are exactly that no motor of any kind. The Mosquito Lagoon has those. More common on our coast are internal combustion exclusion zones, you can have a motor but cannot use it inside the zone. Weedon is an example of that.
I didn't know that, never seen one. But I have never fished the East Coast either. :wink: