Fishing reports needed

bassboy

Re: Fishing reports needed

Post by bassboy »

@Todd i had my surgery 2 yrs ago on my rotator cuff went in on a wednesday to do mri and the following wednesday was in for a 3 1/2 surgery which was supposeto be 1 1/2hrs. The doc told me not to do anything before the surgery so i wouldnt mess anything else i tore the labrum that sunday playing golf in a nutshell awesome surgery what was suppose to be a over a year of recovery turned into a 6 month recovery and was out playing softball by the 8th month. So i wish fast recovery my friend.

@Bill pretty awesome photographer you got there.
JKL

Post by JKL »

Quick recovery!
JKL
FrankC

Post by FrankC »

Broke the ball joint in my shoulder and was expected to lose use of the arm. A good doctor prescribed exerises which hurt like the devil, but I now have almost complete use of the arm thankfully.

Todd, follow the instructions your doctor gives you to the letter. Rehab is probably the most important thing facing you at this time.

I am very sorry you have this problem, but you have the grit to get through it. You have a lot of moral support.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Remember rehab is great but doing the exercises at home is what makes you the winner.

I went through it with my back and shoulder and so far have managed to avoid surgery.

Good luck mate
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

The real question is how are you going to visit you other favorite sites with no hands? I hope you have a speedy recovery, and only miss the winter fishing.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Get well soon.

Went to Waccasassa this past WE and my buddy and I caught at least 30 redfish a piece in one spot, did not move, casting to the same hole over and over again. 5 fish for every six casts. Finally broke for lunch and went somewhere else and caught some more. I am not exaggerating. We were wading but used a stink pot to get there so I didn't report. Maybe 10 were under slot out of 60. biggest one 31. May need elbow surgery now.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you need some updates on your favorite spots, send over the chart and I'll see what I can do :)
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
ZeroSix

Post by ZeroSix »

Godspeed and quick healing. Just remember, they call them doctors for a reason - you are not smarter than them, at least not about this. I stopped counting surgeries involving repair and/or reconstruct - the only unsolicited advice I'll throw your way is:

Follow the rehab regime as through your fishing endurance depends on it... Cause it does!

Quick mends my friend..

Joe
“Buda! Wanna see the best thing about owning a Hobie???”

18 March - Eric Bell Memorial

Hobie Outback - Moss "Ole Blue"
Hobie Pro Angler - Dune "Big Phaddy"

Sr. Vice President ExPS-Elite -PFK-CaC
DirksFishin

Post by DirksFishin »

Todd Todd Todd..... You're supposed to switch hit from time to time... I think I could peg it down to all the fish you've caught over the years just wore you down... Just think when youre all healed up your shoulder will be good for another fifty years of fishing. Do you have to sleep sitting up and wear that crazy sling that makes you hug yourself all the time. Like everyone has said listen to those Doc's don't attempt anything with that arm until they say you're ready. Till then you have the way out forum to keep you entertained... Your honey will have to help you wash up too in the beginning ( I had a friend tell me it was like being a newly wed when he had a similar surgery due to the joint showers :cheers: ) God speed on the recovery and good luck. You're in decent shape so I'm sure you'll recover quicker then exspected. We'll all be praying for you.
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.
Rik

Post by Rik »

I went fishing today. It was nice. I caught some fish. They were nice. I didn't flip. That was nice. One of the guys I fished with helped me change my flat tire when we got back. He was nice. All in all, I have to say it was a nice day all around despite the flat tire. That part sucked.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Rik wrote:I went fishing today. It was nice. I caught some fish. They were nice. I didn't flip. That was nice. One of the guys I fished with helped me change my flat tire when we got back. He was nice. All in all, I have to say it was a nice day all around despite the flat tire. That part sucked.
Now that's a report :!: Pics :?:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Rik wrote:I went fishing today. It was nice. I caught some fish. They were nice. I didn't flip. That was nice. One of the guys I fished with helped me change my flat tire when we got back. He was nice. All in all, I have to say it was a nice day all around despite the flat tire. That part sucked.
NPDH, didn't happen! :?
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Rik

Post by Rik »

Mark R wrote:
h8rs, Image nice
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Rik wrote:
Mark R wrote:
h8rs, Image nice
That does "knot" qualify! :lol: :lol:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Norm wrote:
Now that's a report :!: Pics :?:

"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Heywood wrote:Image
It was nice of him to act as a jack stand while you changed your flat. :lol:

Dang Todd, that sucks. Speedy recovery. Sorry, I haven't been fishing lately. I have been trolling but I don't have any reports that I can share on a public forum. :lol: God forbid I catch something. :shock:
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~