Fishing reports needed

jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Re: Fishing reports needed

Post by jbdba01 »

Did anyone lose their artificial shrimp? Got on about 10-15 trout - couple 18/19" - but the 20" barrier continues to elude me.

Riptide Apricot Gold for the bigger trout, 3" Riptide Rootbeer mullet for the 12-15" - Aquadream spoon for the Red. Guess he was REALLY hungry.

That thing was really embedded in there; try as I might I ended up cutting the line and hoping for the best. The line was cut on the braid - I suspect oysters did the trick.

I believe I caught my largest ladyfish too...she was a whooper. Thought I finally had my Gator trout. I had visions of a shark coming in for it - oddly it didn't jump that much.

JB
DirksFishin

Post by DirksFishin »

Nothing like a flat tire to spice up the day!! That sucks! Such a pain in the ass to get the spare out on a truck!
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

jbdba01 wrote:Did anyone lose their artificial shrimp? Got on about 10-15 trout - couple 18/19" - but the 20" barrier continues to elude me.

Riptide Apricot Gold for the bigger trout, 3" Riptide Rootbeer mullet for the 12-15" - Aquadream spoon for the Red. Guess he was REALLY hungry.

That thing was really embedded in there; try as I might I ended up cutting the line and hoping for the best. The line was cut on the braid - I suspect oysters did the trick.

I believe I caught my largest ladyfish too...she was a whooper. Thought I finally had my Gator trout. I had visions of a shark coming in for it - oddly it didn't jump that much.

I never got mine :roll:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
gsellers1245

Post by gsellers1245 »

You guys had that flat tire right after you parked the truck. I launched at 630 and it was completely flat.
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
-Thomas Alva Edison-
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

See what happens to Hole Jumpers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Tide1on wrote:See what happens to Hole Jumpers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's right, they were fishing "Todd's Hole(s)"! :cool:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Rik

Post by Rik »

gsellers1245 wrote:You guys had that flat tire right after you parked the truck. I launched at 630 and it was completely flat.
It happened as I was driving down Cockroach Bay Road to the launch. Halfway down the road the back end fish 'soft'. Was able to get the kayak out and park it before it was all the way down. "Later" seemed to be the best decision at that time of the morning.

You know those ratchet straps many kayakers use? You know that piece of metal inside it you have to slide to release it? It was one of those that went thru the tire. Damn kayakers.......
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Hope that you get back out on the water again soon Todd.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

It was time to take the six year old in me fishing. Had an old bag of shrimp in the freezer and took them down to Siesta bridge. Just like a six year old I had three birds nest and lost two hooks to bad knots. Caught grunts, pinfish, catfish and a bunch of cookie cutter reds and two trout. Messed around with clams and starfish on the sandbar. Tossed a frissbee to some guys dog that was playing in the water. Now it's time to polish off the rest of the Christmas cookies !!
New Years resolution - Let that kid out more often !!!
0 0 1
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Went fishing first day of the Year, I caught fish, as you told me Todd, it's all changed, maybe I'm changing too!

New Years Day Redfish right at 30" caught on a Badonkadonk Topwater
New Year Red web.jpg
Took Mother out last weekend, he said his hands were too cold to cast and reel, but once I caught this Trout he changed his mind.
Trout Web.jpg
He caught a couple of mid slot redfish and another big trout, but he dropped the trout before the photo op!
Madre.jpg

Hope you're healing up mate!
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton