Water Proof Digital Video and Still Camera

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
bigguy

Re: Water Proof Digital Video and Still Camera

Post by bigguy »

Manning wrote:Since originally starting this thread I have had a change to look an and play with the Kodak Play Sport video camera. It really is a sweet little waterproof unit. At the last PTFS Pic and Sip two of our group told me that they are using this camera and love it. Only negative I have heard is that it has no flash unit in it. I saw them at Walmart for $129, but could probably find a slightly better price online. I am putting it on my Christmas wish list.

So does it do still point and shoot? i would like to get one, but dont see it as being worht it unless it will take still photos.
Uncle Tommy
Black Tip Tommy

Post by Uncle Tommy »

I have a GoPro Hero I'd be willing to part with - for the right price...
Please, call me Kate
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

I did get the Play Sport for Christmas and have been having lots of fun with it. It does a great point and shoot for stills. In fact, compared to two other Canon cameras I have used it is much easier. When you hit the shutter button it take the picture immediately, not delay. It also shoots very nice high def video.

Only still picture shortfalls that I see in this camera is that it does not have a flash and the viewing screen can be hard to see in bright light.

Now I need to get better at handling the video files on my computer. For some reason I can only play the videos on the computer using the Quicktime player. Last week I took a video while fishing and tried to email it and the email was rejected because the high def file was too big.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Offlander

Post by Offlander »

I have the HD GoPro 960 and LOVE it. pm Me if you would like more info.
Alan

Sherman said
"War is cruelty... the crueler it is, the sooner it will be over."

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter - don't mind.. and those that mind - don't matter.'

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Uncle Tommy
Black Tip Tommy

Post by Uncle Tommy »

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... 10&t=34355" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just sayin...
Please, call me Kate
bigguy

Post by bigguy »

If anyone is still intrested in a Kodak Palysport, i just picked one up last night at BestBuy. It was 130 in store but 99.99 on line. They do match there online prices in store though. Seeing as how I had 80$ bucks worth of gift cards I walked out spending 28$. So far its not bad, I did a few short videos while my kid was bathing last night, they looked ok on the view finder, but I deleted them on accadent before I could upload and watch them. I might be getting out on tuesday to go fishing and if I do ill use it a bit and report back.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kodak+-+Playsport+ZX5+(Generation+2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)+1080p+HD+Flash+Memory+Camcorder+-+Black/2002039.p?id=1218305634209&skuId=2002039&st=kodak zx5&cp=1&lp=1