Cayo Costa

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
DoubleM

Cayo Costa

Post by DoubleM »

I'm planning a stag retreat (group of six) to Cayo Costa, 3/22 to 3/25. Already got my reservations in for the sites, tenting on Thursday and then moving up to one cabin on Friday and then a different one for Sat. Yeah kind of a nightmare but I'll take it since it fits the dates, don't procrastinate on booking such reservations!

So, now I have to figure out how we're getting there. Water Taxi looks like the recommended route. Curious if anyone has made the paddle from Pine Island? My research indicates it takes 2-3 hours 1 way. I imagine if the weather is rough it could take considerably longer. How's the paddle?

The problem with taking a Taxi is we'll have no water craft for the remaining trip which is why a boat rental is looking more appealing yet expensive. But the water taxi can bring the kayaks for additional fee so I wonder how difficult the paddle would be?

Anyone with a boat in the area interested in doing some Taxi work or potentially renting your boat? :)
Or how about general suggestions for the trip/island stay?
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
DoubleM

Re: Cayo Costa

Post by DoubleM »

found this useful thread while goggling. http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... 56&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Should had started with the search thread here..
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.