St. Joesph Sound

Flamingo to Big Bend
blindcast

St. Joesph Sound

Post by blindcast »

Back in the saddle again! It's been a few years since I sold my Prowler and hung up my paddle but after a needed rest from paddle-fishing, I have the bug again! ...and it's like riding a bike.

A few guys from work and I went out Saturday early to greet the incoming tide with some success. Redish, Snook and Trout everywhere! Here's a 22" that bit a MirroMullet Top water...and for it's effort, it came home with me to soak in coconut milk. What a fight!

My buddy, using the same type lure, hooked into a 30"+ snook. After a great fight and it almost coming completely out of the water on a tail-walk, he spit the lure back at him.

Later a trout and flounder found our lures and the flounder went home with my buddy.

What a great time out on the water...man how I've missed paddle-fishing!!
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Re: St. Joesph Sound

Post by sfurman »

Nice job.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

Nice! That background looks familiar....
Wuluf
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

yeah, I know most people would photoshop it out...but it's not exactly a secret that caladesi/honeymoon hold fish. There certainly were enough boats and kayaks out there.
Rik

Post by Rik »

That proverbial squirrel that everyone talks about......
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
tbray

Post by tbray »

Veryyyyy nice! My favorite part about that spot is navigating the jet skis, weekend powerboaters, and the sharks cruising all over the place. I kid you not, I have encountered a hammerhead in that exact location you are sitting that was at least 8-10ft (probably 8 ft but from my kayak it looked 25!).

Mirromullet you say???? Still having any luck with those mirrominnows? I have noticed fish dont seem to attack those like they used to (i.e. Gibsonton). Did mirrolure change the action on those guys?

Werd!
I make plaid look....well....like plaid
blindcast

St. Joesph Sound

Post by blindcast »

This exact lure...my buddy was using the same thing when he hooked that huge snook.

Like I said, I've been out of the game for awhile but i didn't notice a change when I threw the MirroMinnow Saturday. It's still my go-to in 2-3 feet.
nemo327

Post by nemo327 »

When a new lure hits the scene the fish are suckers for it. After seeing 10000 copies they get the idea that it is a bad thing to attack that lure. I think this explains why my tackle box ends up with more lures than wal-mart. This is my story and I am sticking to it.