Bioluminescent Water

mayhem

Re: Bioluminescent Water

Post by mayhem »

Bitchin'.
Honesty is the best policy - when there is money in it.
Mark Twain
DirksFishin

Post by DirksFishin »

I have seen this about half a dozen times. Twice back there at the Vamo launch. It was spooky being out there with no light having small and large things darting through the water. I've seen sharks feeding there so first thing I think of when giant light appears! I've also seen it in Phillipi Creek and behind Mote Marine. Funny thing is I've never caught fish while it's going on?? Always after the sun starts to come up. Maybe to much for the fish to process? I agree with Dave if you're bombed and see it you wish there was some Floyd playing.
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.
Rik

Post by Rik »

We saw it at Ft D some years back with 100 pound tarpon zipping around underneath us. We reverted back to using words like 'groovy'.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

You are right. I didn't catch anything until the sun came up. I had a flounder inhale a Mirodine. Had the whole thing in his mouth with the back hook in his gut and gills. I usually catch and release, but He was not going to make so i invited him home for dinner.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve

Post by 0119 »

Just pray it isnt some of the poison Mosaic is dumping down the Peace River into Charlotte Harbor.
FrankC

Post by FrankC »

Back in the 70's when we first started night shrimping, we saw the glow often. When you threw the cast net. it would glow and the shrimp attempting to get out from under the net would shoot through the water leaving glowing trails. We would cut the lights on the boat if in a safe area and see the wake glowing behind us.

Have not seen this in quite a while for some reason.

Post by 0119 »

Yup, thats when Charlotte Harbor glowed every night. And now they have the gov's approval to dump again.
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

DaveR wrote:I can remember a night out on the water when I was, well less than sober. It was almost religious.
I seem to not remember that weekend as well.

It usually stays through October.
Credo quia absurdum
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

I don't fish much at night anymore....I like to see what's going on around me... :lol: BUT I have experienced this once here in the Tampa area. I was fishing just north of the Gandy..and like others have said...didn't catch anything, but I could sure tell where my topwater was. :cool:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld