A Question for You Experts.

justabucup

Re: A Question for You Experts.

Post by justabucup »

I have witnessed snook swatting needle fish with their tails at peirs. Some of these attacks may be a fish wishing to stunn a prey item before they consume it. Or that they are hung over from partying all night and are just smacking to quite the sound. Either way not all hits are done with the eating end of the fish.
Credo quia absurdum
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Tree-Bone wrote:Snook are cross-eyed. When they go after a bait they hit it with the top of their head and send it flying.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Wait…..What? :shock:
DaveR wrote:I have no clue as to what you write about. I hook and land every snook that is unlucky enough to mistake my lures for food. The answer it seems is quite simple. You just suck.
Yeahhhhh Righttttttt :roll:
MrSpectaculous wrote: For me it's always been premature hook set attempts that sends the lure into my direction. If I wait to feel the weight of the fish I have had more success.
That’s not what happened, the fish actually knock it up in the air from the force of the strike. Been fishing way too long to jerk in out of their mouth. :cool:
justabucup wrote:I have witnessed snook swatting needle fish with their tails at piers. Some of these attacks may be a fish wishing to stunn a prey item before they consume it. Or that they are hung over from partying all night and are just smacking to quite the sound. Either way not all hits are done with the eating end of the fish.
Really? :joker:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
rugrat181
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by rugrat181 »

The tail slap gets my vote as best reason for missing the strike. Now I know why my success with snook has been so limited to date. Knew it couldn't be my technique.... :lol: , :lol:
It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Let's celebrate !!

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club"

Dave S
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

Rik wrote:
Todd wrote: They miss because we, sometimes it is angler error, pull the bait out of their mouth.
So....if we stop the topwater a second or two before they hit it our hook up rate should go way up?
When I get the little snooklets and trout that miss hit...that's what I do. I try to mix a pause in once and a while.
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"