What's your go to lure or artificial?

Rik

Re: What's your go to lure or artificial?

Post by Rik »

amikayak wrote:Mirrolure Catch Jr. has been my top producer and go to lure for catching quality fish.
I used to love that lure. Caught a lot of fish. Then I got lured away (pun intended) by something sexier that promised the ride of my life.

Still waiting for that ride. May have to dig out a Catch Jr. and tie it on.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley

Post by 0119 »

Home made bucktail jig. 1/4oz. olive or tan over white with some pearl flash blended in.
Gibby3474

Post by Gibby3474 »

While I do like to use a silver Spook Jr., gold spoon, jerk worm on a light head head and others, my go-to lure in the MirrOlure MirrOdine in either MR14 or MR17. Great all-round lure that consistently produces large seatrout, snook and redfish (ask DaveR how it works on reds!). I DO NOT use the MrrOdine whenever bluefish or Spanish mackerel are around! The MirrOdine can be worked in shallow, grassy water very effectively.
Last edited by Gibby3474 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
www.kayakfishingsarasota.com
http://gibbysfishingblog.blogspot.com/
NuCanoe Pursuit
NuCanoe Pro Staff
Aqua-Bound Pro Staff
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

I tried a Top Dog Jr. last weekend and was very happy with the results. I refused to use my popper and found about the same number of strikes except when I was in deeper water. I think the popper has more "action" to draw the fish up higher. In shallow water the Top Dog Jr. might even be better. On thing about the Top Dog Jr. is I can cast it much further.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Spooky in Bone and Gold Aquadream spoon. :cool:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
scotty14

Post by scotty14 »

1) Upper water column: Skitter Walk- smaller size-seatrout color or bone(seems like I end up throwing this the majority of the time). I've been buying the freshwater size and replacing the hooks with stainless ones.

2) Middle Depth: Mirrodine in chartreuse/silver

3) Lower Depth: 1/8 oz jighead with DOA CAL body (rootbeer/chartreuse tail or Mangrove Red)

These selections may change depending on tide or time of year. With low winter tides, I typically rig a jig, topwater, gold spoon, a weedless DOA CAL fluke, and/or a DOA shrimp(Glow or gold glitter--with rattle)
-Scotty-
-------------------------
<Heritage> Redfish 12 (Khaki)