Zara Spook Jr.

Re: Zara Spook Jr.

Post by 0119 »

Ive never had any luck with the bone colored spook and Ive never bought any lure in chartruese. I have had good luck throwing the clear, clear with black back/glitter sides and in tannic stained water the gold with orange belly is killer. Picked up over dozen of the Badonk-a-donks on bombers web site sale in those photo wrapped finishes. They seem to work close enough to a spook to satisfy the fish. They do have more bounce and can be worked also as a glider like big musky baits.
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

I am a firm believer in the spook jr, chrome is my favorite and once the chrome is gone, it's bone! The black one is a blast at low lights. I have a Badonk-a-donk and its a high frequency model that I have had good luck with on windy days.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
MLB01

Post by MLB01 »

Thanks for the information. Used the Spook Bone color Monday at Fishbone Creek, caught 3 specs. Experimented with walking the dog and a pop. pop, pop, technique.
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

For the Badonk lures the website linked above now does charge shipping. For one lure (did a test) and shipped to South Florida it was $6.00. But when I ordered 20 of them the shipping was free. So I started testing and it seems that 13 of these lures is $6.00 shipping but 14 is free shipping. Most likely it goes by price of ordered goods. Also note that tax is charged.

Post by 0119 »

Tax from now on with any internet/mailorder thanks to the Governor
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Seems it was that Natl Shipping Holiday thing I was talking about. It expired on 12/18. I did the same thing as BPS - ordered a bunch of jigs that I can't find around here. They wanted $9 for $30 of goods. Free shipping. So $30.

Both my Badonkakdonks arrived for $5 already; shipped via UPS. I suspect they lost money on me. I'll try these lures in the river and see how they pan out - I got a gold one and a speckled trout one. The gold one should be bank in that darker water.

Spooks and Spook Jr. are available on that same site. Not such a good deal at $6 for shipping, but between gas and time it might be worth it. Then again at that price you might want to buy them at a local shop just to keep the money local. Unfortunately most shops are pretty far away from me. I typically go to one once a month - that's about it.
JB
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

0119 wrote:Tax from now on with any internet/mailorder thanks to the Governor
Is that new, did I miss something ?

Its always been the tax-law that merchandise purchased via online/mail-order should be taxed if the merchant has a distributor in the state where the merchandise is delivered.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Gibby3474

Post by Gibby3474 »

I have discovered that after I catch enough fish on a silver Spook Jr., it turns bone.
Steve
www.kayakfishingsarasota.com
http://gibbysfishingblog.blogspot.com/
NuCanoe Pursuit
NuCanoe Pro Staff
Aqua-Bound Pro Staff

Post by 0119 »

No not new, just suddenly enforced. And the responsibility lies on you not the vendor, to turn it in to the state.
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

Recently have been using the Rapala in purple with a red underbelly at the nose and white bottom. It is hot for trout, reds, jacks and ladys. Also the hooks supplied are quality hooks. The spooks all need better hooks. I have changed mine out with the red VMC 4x... Overall I hate trebles though.
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]