Who is going fishing this weekend?

Flamingo to Big Bend
Rik

Who is going fishing this weekend?

Post by Rik »

Not me except for some early morning casting off the beach with a white Aqua Dream spoon. It's my 32nd anniversary and we have a beach side room for the weekend.

However, to vicariously satisfy my fishing itch, I want to see your fishing reports.

If your fishing report post is deemed worthy, I'll send you a much coveted and highly sought Paddle-Fishing.com sticker to dress up your ride.

What makes a post worthy you ask? Well, since the technical wording is "deemed worthy" you'll have to rely on my opinion. Since I am the keeper of the stickers, my opinion is the only one that matters in this matter. Pics are always good and are probably required for this non-contest. Hold on, scratch probably. Descriptions of fierce battles that include the words 'tensile', 'ageless' and 'golly gosh darn it" will score extra points. Blood - only human blood counts - is a big plus. (hint - no need to go overboard on the blood thing. Hooks with mashed barbs create bloody holes in flesh without the meat removal).

This isn't a one winner deal. ALL posts that are deemed worthy will win a sticker.

If you can make me say "Dayum! That coulda been me if I weren't sitting here on this beach with a fruity rum drink with a paper umbrella in it" you can be a winner!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Flatz Komander

Re: Who is going fishing this weekend?

Post by Flatz Komander »

Congrats on 32 years of wedded bliss!!! I am fishing the CCA tournament this weekend out of my Hobie PA. Hopefully I can catch some fish and allow you to live vicariously through me!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
TexasDan

Post by TexasDan »

Congrats Rik
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Flatz Komander wrote:Congrats on 32 years of wedded bliss!!!
Bliss? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Rik

Post by Rik »

Heywood sent me a message that he's already a lock to win a sticker. Says his report will be epic.

ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Rik wrote:Heywood sent me a message that he's already a lock to win a sticker. Says his report will be epic.

ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha

It will be better than that dead rat you keep taped under your nose.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
poppawheelie
Location: beutiful Snuffner (seffner for you city boys) Florida

Post by poppawheelie »

Congrats on 32 years. But i finally beat you at somthing. Last jan made 33 yrs for us.
I'm not fishing salt water just the bypass canal. so maybe i can get a cat for you!!
:wheelchair:
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Lets see...32 years. Wait, I have that beat. I have been married 34 years. It was 10 years to the first, 5 years to wife two and now 19 years to wife three. Oh!.... You mean 32 years married to the same woman.....Well good for you.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Flatz Komander

Post by Flatz Komander »

Well, here are some pictures. It was a tough day, but that is why it is fishing. Due to the wind at zero dark thirty, had a last minute location change. The lights were quiet....

After the sun came up caught this guy on a spook jr...

Missed several more strikes, before the topwater bite quit.
Also caught an 18" trout. That picture is on my camera still.

Then, it was time to go into search mode.

I always figure a few fish are better than none.

This was the Sarasota CCA catch and release tournament. It was a tough day weather wise. Add that to only being able to use the lures they give you, makes you feel like the fish kicked your butt...but fun was had by all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by Flatz Komander on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Only if I wade...
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Geez, did only one person go fishing and live to tell about it?
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Well I went, but it definitely was not epic. I found myself up a creek were I visited some cows and caught 4 snook in the 15 to 20 inch range and one lady fish.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

I made it out Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday I... well I, really "Tide1on" golly gosh darn it! :lol:

I did get one Red before the northerly winds fouled things up.

Set out again Sunday, caught 4 Reds on the ageless Spook Jr with 4X hooks for improved tensile strength. The biggest was 24.5"

Sorry, no blood!
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I'm concerned about the proximity of cola to a fairly good bourbon. Such coziness is reserved for Tennessee whiskey and cola. Bourbon should have its own zip code.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Manning wrote:Well I went, but it definitely was not epic. I found myself up a creek were I visited some cows and caught 4 snook in the 15 to 20 inch range and one lady fish.
If you were amazed at the tensile strength of those small snook, marveled the ageless beauty of the creek and exclaimed "golly gosh darn it" when you caught another peanut snook, that would have been a better report.

Tide1On - Excellent! PM your address.