measuring tape

Skeeter

measuring tape

Post by Skeeter »

I was looking for a adhesive backed measuring tape other than the ones you see in the tackle shops and sports stores. Those are a little hard to read with all the measurements added for species that I will probably never catch. Also they tend to fade pretty quickly and being white and an inch thick they look a little a bumper sticker on a kayak.
I was reading some fishing blog the other day and ran across some from McMaster-Carr, an industrial supply catalog. They have every size, color, and material available that you could think of.
I ordered the 3ft long 1/2" wide, clear Polyester, left to right, 1/16" graduations for my skiff. The numbers and scale are on the sticky side of the rule so they cant wear off or fade. Just put it on today and decided to get a couple more for the kayaks.
They were $6.10 each delivered.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#adhesive-backed-rules/=mrngmv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
Mark R

Re: measuring tape

Post by Mark R »

You still gonna need glasses to read it!
You gots a paddle on that skiff right? :roll: :lol:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

Looks intersting. Tell us how well they stick to your kayaks. I have a hard time getting anything to stick to mine.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

Product will NOT stick to plasic Kayaks like Ocean, Hobie, and Wilderness. It was tried about 3 years ago.. Also the print is so small that had to photo and see the measure marks. Go to 321fish.com and get theirs. Then use it on a plastic rain gutter or make your own measure board. There are several examples on local fishing sites.
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Just put it on the kayak today and I gotta give it a pretty good review. I should explain that I wasn't looking for a tape to use in tournaments, just something to measure the occasional trout or red for the table.
I wasn't sure how well it was going to stick to my Tarpon Ride as the deck surface is not as slick as my old 120. I cleaned the surface twice with paper towels and alcohol and rubbed the bubbles out of the rule with a damp cloth. Washed it off with a pressure hose before putting it away and it seemed to stick on fine. The black numbers are easy to see in the 1/2" width and it looks good on the kayak and the skiff.
So far I'm real happy with them.

Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Well, you need glasses to keep retying that line anyway. :mrgreen:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?