Sabalo 2500 vs....

Mark R

Re: Sabalo 2500 vs....

Post by Mark R »

Skeeter wrote:
DaveR wrote:Star rods have a lifetime over the counter warranty. A hundred bucks. It will be my next spinner.
Good choice Dave.
I have had about 9 or 10 Star rods over the last 20 years.
Never broke a rod, tip, or reel seat on any of them and you know how many fish I catch;)
The heavy grouper and tarpon rods were glass but the graphite spinners feel just a sensitive as my Loomis and they are much more durable.
Kind of hard to break them hanging up in the garage Skeeter! :roll:
Ya outta dust them at least! :lol:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
fishshooter99

Post by fishshooter99 »

jbdba01 wrote:
ChrisR wrote:I am a huge fan of my Stradic 2500FI's. You can still find them new in a few places online. I have 2 fi's that I have been using for about 4 years. I have had to replace a couple of bearings along the way, but I think that is to be expected. In total, I have 6 including both 2500's and 3000's of them that I rotate around; sending a couple at a time to get serviced. I prefer the handle that comes on the 2500 to the one on the 3000. I dont have much experience with the newer Stradic FJ', but they seem to be putting more and more plastic components in with every new model. I'm not completely opposed to the plastic pieces, but they are typically the first to fail.
Christmas Amazon card made buying a 3000 more palatable. It's on it's way.
I'm looking forward to seeing your initial review of the Stradic after it's inaugural trip. I love the ones I have, but I really don't have much to compare them to. I have been using them exclusively for the last several years.
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

John,

I'm a big fan of the Sabalos. I've had two as my primary reels and have never had a problem with them, and I'm pretty hard on my gear.

Just for what its worth,

Shimano and a few other reel manufactures follow this practice, they will introduce a reel onto the market and after a few years they discontinue it and sell off ALL spare parts, which make it harder to get reels replaced. If you do a search on any forums, you can find plenty of topics about trying to get these reels repaired or replaced.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~