Camera reccomendations

justabucup

Camera reccomendations

Post by justabucup »

I would appreciate some feedback from you all about digital waterproof cameras.

I am looking for something that will take a fun point and click photo (ie a 40 inch snook on a tournament measuring board).

Maybe something I can take into the water to photo a manatee or scallop swimming in the water.

Perhaps with a rechargeable battery.

I am not looking for something that I will have to worry with.

Remember I am more frugal than a Jewish Scottsman. Looking for something <$150.

Thank you for your constructive input and KMLN to all the smart assed responses.
Credo quia absurdum
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Camera reccomendations

Post by DaveR »

As long as its yellow. It has to be yellow.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

]There are a lot of good waterproofs out there. I used to have a Pentax, but I finally drowned it snorkeling. To replace it I did a lot of research and ended up with a Lumix TS20. At the time it was the best balance between quality and price. It is an older model but is still available new at a good price ($119 at B& H).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control ... &A=details

There are a few cheaper, but anything comparable would run about $200.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Just throwing this out there...All the rage now is to capture HD video and remove a pic from the video. Here's a sample on how.

Frankly it does a pretty reasonable job.

The ion 2 is the answer to the GoPro. I believe the original ion air is now going for $149.

The downside is that at a PFTS it might be a bit cumbersome to get the pic out for closer inspection. However, you do get a water resistant (to 30') camera for reasonable $.

Obviously the Ion2 will be better than the ion first gen.

Now...the gopro is online for $199 at walmart and it comes with a 16GB card. Not a bad deal.
JB
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

(ie a 40 inch snook on a tournament measuring board)
By the time that day comes, technology will have improved so far ,that you can take the picture with a blink of your eye and print/upload the photograph right out of your arse!
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Rik

Post by Rik »

John wrote:By the time that day comes, technology will have improved so far ,that you can take the picture with a blink of your eye and print/upload the photograph right out of your arse!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley