Tarpon Fishing Is Great Out There Right Now

Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Tarpon Fishing Is Great Out There Right Now

Post by Manning »

Went tarpon fishing with Jeff Martin and Shamus this morning. The water conditions were absolutely perfect. It started off a little slow, but at about 8:30 it really turned on. Jeff jumped 3 fish which was great as this was his first trip out. I jumped 2 and had 3 more make runs at my bait. Shamus will have to add his part of the story. He fished a ways away from Jeff and I and I forgot what he told me about how he did. There was lots of action out there and I finished it off by catching this 40 inch king fish.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Re: Tarpon Fishing Is Great Out There Right Now

Post by shamus »

The fellow I wrote about yesterday brought his yound son with him. We statred talking and his line starts screaming off his reel. He had a few too many rods and a kid in the front of his Native so I decided to shadow him. My pinish was still very frisky so I choose to cast it out to my port side so he'd be out of the way. The new guys Tarpon threw the hook after a few jumps and we were saying "Thats Tarpon fishing". I felt my rod twitch and looked to see where my float was. It was no where to be seen. Now I found that very odd because I had just tossed it out. It should have been right there. Then I saw it. It was right where I put it only 6' higher and attached to about a 70 lb Tarpon. No harm done I just pointed my rod at the flying fish and bowed to the King. The Tarpon landed on the line a we parted company. A little kids eyes get real big when he has 2 Tarpon come flying out of the water 10 feet off his bow.
0 0 1
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

shamus wrote:The fellow I wrote about yesterday brought his yound son with him. We statred talking and his line starts screaming off his reel. He had a few too many rods and a kid in the front of his Native so I decided to shadow him. My pinish was still very frisky so I choose to cast it out to my port side so he'd be out of the way. The new guys Tarpon threw the hook after a few jumps and we were saying "Thats Tarpon fishing". I felt my rod twitch and looked to see where my float was. It was no where to be seen. Now I found that very odd because I had just tossed it out. It should have been right there. Then I saw it. It was right where I put it only 6' higher and attached to about a 70 lb Tarpon. No harm done I just pointed my rod at the flying fish and bowed to the King. The Tarpon landed on the line a we parted company. A little kids eyes get real big when he has 2 Tarpon come flying out of the water 10 feet off his bow.
Cool! :thumbright:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Now that was a fun day
5 hookups 2 that I got to fight
one took me for a little ride
and to top it all off I scared some tourist when I screamed Motherfucker !!! when they broke off.
Caught them on pin fish, crabs and greenbacks
Thanks to Manning for the shadow. However he has a horrible bedside manner. The entire time you fight a fish he keeps telling you about the one who broke a leader of the one that threw a hook. "Always with the Negative waves" (10 bonus points for anyone who can name the movie)
0 0 1
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Kelley's Hero's Oddball.
Credo quia absurdum
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

shamus wrote:Now that was a fun day
5 hookups 2 that I got to fight
one took me for a little ride
and to top it all off I scared some tourist when I screamed Motherfucker !!! when they broke off.
Caught them on pin fish, crabs and greenbacks
Thanks to Manning for the shadow. However he has a horrible bedside manner. The entire time you fight a fish he keeps telling you about the one who broke a leader of the one that threw a hook. "Always with the Negative waves" (10 bonus points for anyone who can name the movie)
Now isn't that just like a liberal.... :lol:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Norm, you should have seen it out there this morning. Both Rik and Uncle Tommy were sitting to the LEFT of me. Would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it. :shock:
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Manning wrote:Norm, you should have seen it out there this morning. Both Rik and Uncle Tommy were sitting to the LEFT of me. Would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it. :shock:
A picture of that would have made it more believable. ... :lol:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Would this help Norm
0 0 1
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

or is this what your looking for?
0 0 1
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Kelley's Hero's Oddball.
We have a winner!
0 0 1
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Ok. You have the big fish award so far this year. I got the numbers but you got the biggun. Till tomorrow you Irish sonofabitch!
By the way. That's a beauty.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

They came in with a whimper but are going out with a roar.
0 0 1
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

An epic resuscitation effort I'm told. Good man.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.