Anyone fishing in this heat?

seeinred

Re: Anyone fishing in this heat?

Post by seeinred »

Rik wrote:Hmmm, old guns staying in and young gun heading out. I'd like to think its because the old guys have learned the lesson from going out on days like this and being miserable. Of course, Spencer may just be trying to fool us into thinking he's a tough guy. Photographic proof is required!

We ended up heading back to the truck to wait out a storm before we were able to find the fish, then paddled back out after the storm had passed and found a nice happy school of redfish that were hungry for topwaters. We caught 7 before dark with a couple dink snook and trout.

I haven't used photobucket in forever though and cannot remember my login. :scratch:

I really like fishing this time of year when all the redfish are schooled up and aggressive... the heat just keeps the rest of ya'll off the water!
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
kmeng

Post by kmeng »

Hit the water yesterday morning for my Native's maiden voyage. Slammed out by about 11 am and also added a Mangrove Snapper to the mix!

The water was surprisingly cooler than I thought it would be, I guess because of the rain.
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Was planning on tomorrow. Along with heat iI'll have wind. Oh goodie.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
nemo327

Post by nemo327 »

Early morning low tide, red fish tails everywhere. Would not take a lure they must have been feeding on grass shrimp. Caught 1 30 in after 2 hours on cut bait ...my only bite. Activity stopped around 10am. Hooked a spinner shark as I was leaving the flats got 2 jumps then cut off. The 5.00 fee really cut down on fishing pressure,the only time there is a crowd is on the weekend. I am going out again friday morning with cut bait in the box.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

nemo327 wrote:Early morning low tide, red fish tails everywhere. Would not take a lure they must have been feeding on grass shrimp. Caught 1 30 in after 2 hours on cut bait ...my only bite. Activity stopped around 10am. Hooked a spinner shark as I was leaving the flats got 2 jumps then cut off. The 5.00 fee really cut down on fishing pressure,the only time there is a crowd is on the weekend. I am going out again friday morning with cut bait in the box.
Ft Desoto?
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld