Any Ideas......

JoeS

Any Ideas......

Post by JoeS »

I have an old friend who is really interested in Kayak/Paddle fishing he is in the market for a boat......His issue is he drives a Jeep Wrangler Convertible and wants to use it to carry his kayak.....Any ideas????.....He doesn't want to trailer it.......I put him onto this Forum for ideas as well as all of the great fishing help.......he is in the Bonita Springs area.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Walt_Trident13

Re: Any Ideas......

Post by Walt_Trident13 »

Issues? Jeeps are made to haul kayaks, plywood, surf boards, I've even seen couches. Before I purchased my Jeep rack that I use now to haul my kayak, I would just take the top down and strap the kayak on top. I'd get wet on the ride home from the kayak dripping water, but no worries..it's a jeep. I did haul the kayak on top of the canvas top a couple times with no problem either. I would just throw a packing blanket on top to avoid any damage to the canvas. Then strap the kayak on and you're good to go.
Issues....there are no issues...
http://www.youtube.com/brentwaltersmith" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nemo327

Post by nemo327 »

osprey bay kayak in Clearwater has some amazing roof racks for kayaks just lean and slide perfect for seasoned humans.
Rik

Post by Rik »

nemo327 wrote:seasoned humans.
:cheers:
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
floridalawdog

Post by floridalawdog »

I think if he has a hitch, and gets a bed extender from harbor freight, it may work laid across the roll bars.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

floridalawdog wrote:I think if he has a hitch, and gets a bed extender from harbor freight, it may work laid across the roll bars.
Actually that is now his plan......now all he needs is a Kayak......or canoe(my preference).....Thanks for the responses.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!