What would you do?

Would you harvest the fish?

Absolutely! There's more fish in the sea!
45%
NO! The fish should be released!
55%

Total votes: 40

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: What would you do?

Post by Todd »

RBL wrote: In fact, this fish dinner might just get things started for a bit of midnight aerobics.
Key word...might. Seeing how even ths fine, fresh snook dinner is still no guarantee for the aerobics session you have to move on to plan B. Tie her to a tree and come back next week and check on her. :lol:

If you are one to keep snook, you keep it, no doubt. Who knows where they will be next weekend. After all, there were so many in that hole on Saturday there is no way all of them are leaving that quickly, they will still be their next week.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
paddlaroun

Post by paddlaroun »

Heck a fish sandwich will get you what you want as long as she washes it down with enough alcohol :lol: Sorry if I offended any of the ladies sometimes these piggish things just blirt out. Dan
Dan Native 12
"Sleep in fish late"

"I know the waters cold! Wet your hand anyway!!!"
Rik

Post by Rik »

Toddlle wrote:Tie her to a tree and come back next week and check on her.
the snook or the wife?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

definitely te wife!!! :lol:
If it don't like scotch, it aint worth it!!!

alot/alot/abunch/morethanyou
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I'd harvest the first over the slot fish as it has already had a chance to breed and since I'm the only one who fishes these waters my keeping of over the slot or out of season fish has no impact on the fishery. If I was having company I'd probably keep the second one too. Rules are for suckers.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
loukiii

Post by loukiii »

Id keep it. Of course with my luck Id be so tired after fishing all day, Id pass out with a full belly and miss out on the night shenanigans.
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

DaveR wrote:I'd harvest the first over the slot fish as it has already had a chance to breed and since I'm the only one who fishes these waters my keeping of over the slot or out of season fish has no impact on the fishery. If I was having company I'd probably keep the second one too. Rules are for suckers.
It is nice to see someone else with such disregard to laws and his fellow man!

Sincerely

Sodam Hussien

or

Ted Kennedy

or

Tom Delay

or

Typical Towerboat operator

Hell I don't know who I am today!
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

RBL wrote:the snook or the wife?
Show us pictures and let us decide :lol:
Hornetbear

Post by Hornetbear »

DaveR wrote:I'd harvest the first over the slot fish as it has already had a chance to breed and since I'm the only one who fishes these waters my keeping of over the slot or out of season fish has no impact on the fishery. If I was having company I'd probably keep the second one too. Rules are for suckers.
Oh. Youre going to burn in hell. Hippies will lash you with barbless fly fishing gear for eternity. "A river runs through it" will play on an endless loop. You will dine on sailcat soup and sea robin salad sanwiches.

I, however, really enjoyed your callous and insensitive post. nice job. Rules are indeed for suckers.
X-Capt Bill

Post by X-Capt Bill »

Snook season is still open isn't it Rik. I'd say you should just go ahead and eat it because it ain't gonna be big enough for you to win anyway :shock: At least you might get L*#D!
XCB
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Woah that Avatar is huge! :shock:

Very cool but huge, please resize it for common consumption! :lol:
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

Of the two choices you've given, neither is a bad idea. However, getting married in the first place...now that was the bad idea! lol
Naw seriously though...I'd let the fish go even though doing so is no guarantee that the fish will be biting again within a week or that it'll find it's way to YOUR lure instead of the fat rich kid with a brand new boat that never saw water till that day! But then that's life.
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

The question I have......After catching a fish and sticking him with a terrble hook and the trama of reeling the fish in.

How soon is that fish ready to strike a lure again??

As far as to eat or release........grasshopper you already know the answer
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

After catching a fish and sticking him with a terrble hook and the trama of reeling the fish in.
I have caught the same bass inside of 5 minutes. Granted it was bed fishing but it did hit and was caught twice inside of 5 minutes.
Credo quia absurdum
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Bed Fishing??? I am not sure I want the explanation and please Buc certainly no pictures if you are invovled.
basebplyr1

Post by basebplyr1 »

The fish would be swimming away for sure and I do not think that any amount of snook fillets would get my wife going.
Seth
>~~~}}}<>

"You a disgrace to da man race"