Mangrove man Catches the Skunk

Flamingo to Big Bend
MrSpectaculous

Mangrove man Catches the Skunk

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Put in at Jungle Parada, Went south to an exposed oyster bar. Looked fishy and saw blow ups all around. Also flippers galore. I caught nothing, not even a missed hookset. At this rate i'm gonna get me some gulp products. (I got some crabs but aint fished them).

This is getting depressing i'm 3 for 3 all skunks but at least I did not forget anything. Also my strength was good today I had no trouble lifting the boat. The chemo has me weak as a kitten even Chuck Norris could take me out where before I could really take a beating.

Anyhow there are no fish in Boca Ciega bay at this time.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

Looks like you have my luck, another day of paddling in the sun.....
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

I never use to like fishing for trout. Now I like it, just to avoid the skunk. Full day of fishing yesterday and all I caught were three trout.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Chris.G wrote:Looks like you have my luck, another day of paddling in the sun.....
Yeah, I should have bought a "touring" kayak...least you catch lady fish, but admittedly I try to avoid them.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

TerryW wrote:I never use to like fishing for trout. Now I like it, just to avoid the skunk. Full day of fishing yesterday and all I caught were three trout.
Funny, Last year I caught lots of trout and became jaded with them and began to consider them a nuisance. In fact I quit throwing DOA shrimp because thats all I would catch on them. I have not caught a trout this year, in fact it's been mostly snook and a couple of reds.

i think my issues may have more to do with the time of day that I fish then anything else, I'm gonna get a light for my kayak and try some night time fishing seeings how I sleep most all day anyway. I just can't seem to get up in the morning like I once use too..It must be the marriage.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Mangrove Man wrote: I just can't seem to get up in the morning like I once use too..It must be the marriage.
I'm just not going to comment on that, Mangrove Man. :D
However, night fishing, now you are talking.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!