Fred Howard

Flamingo to Big Bend
VARick

Fred Howard

Post by VARick »

Anyone been to Fred Howard lately? How about the little park just south of Fred Howard, has anyone launched from there before? The little park has a small ramp but the sign indicates you need to have a pass to use the ramp.
Thanks in advance.
Rick
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

Ive been wanting to hit fredhoward for sometime.

Probably will be my most visited spot when i get my lisence...Great beach to hang out, "Great fishing", ladies ;)
nemo327

Tarpon Launching permits

Post by nemo327 »

The permit refered to on the signs at all Tarpon City Ramps does not include Canoes or Kayaks. It is only required for Trailer Boats. I went to the city service desk because I was concerned about parking tickets. They told me it only applied to trailers.
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

There are several deep holes and even a spring on the north side of the causeway out to the beach at FHP. The deep holes were borrow pits for the causeway. I have caught some nice reds and trout in them in the winter.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
nemo327

spring out flow

Post by nemo327 »

Did you follow the small creek north of Howard Park into the backcountry? It is lined with mangroves on the way in and widens out in a really really snooky lake. There always seems to be a current coming out of there so there should be some action. Be warned there are signs in Howard Park claiming alligators although I havn't seen any. I have sampled the entrance (gulf side) but only saw mangrove snappers.