somewheres in manatee county

Flamingo to Big Bend
tbray

somewheres in manatee county

Post by tbray »

Being from tampa and all- its tough to find new spots- even tougher when your new friend that shows you that spot says to keep it on the down low- so hopefully i do a good job at not revealing toooooo much here..

Day started later than i thought- I was going to try and meet JayB at CRB but got a later start than i hoped for and being from Tampa there was no way i could make it to Gibsonton by 5:15 am!!!!!

So I decided to check out another spot. the following pics best illustrate the day's events. I left out the pic of the snooklet i caught on a 1/8th oz jig and a red glitter CAL gig- as he pretty much inhaled it and i didnt want to waste time making him pose like claudia schiffert..... my apologies for the next few hippie moments:

Hippie moment one- can somebody gimme a kumbaya??

I can almost hear Jon Denver singing now----Sunshine, on my mangrovesssss, makes me happy

Dont you even think about it buddy- Those spoonbills have a deadly aim

this just looked kinda cool so i shot it- I call it the Adam Venitteri "splitting the uprights" as opposed to every FSU kicker every created in which case i would be in the trees :oops:

And there you have it- Me with a hellatious sunburn from being on the water too long- no frickin fish photos- but one great time...

Hope you enjoyed it

Peace

Tbray
Last edited by tbray on Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I make plaid look....well....like plaid
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Beautiful area to fish, Creek fishing is my favorite you can work both sides at the same time and the big fish can really make it dramatic for ya when you hook one.

I miss John Denver.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
tbray

thanks

Post by tbray »

I was starting to get a complex!!!! No responses and it took me awhile to figure out how to post pics! (thanks Rik for walking me through it)

It was a beautiful day
I make plaid look....well....like plaid
MrSpectaculous

Re: thanks

Post by MrSpectaculous »

tbray wrote:I was starting to get a complex!!!! No responses and it took me awhile to figure out how to post pics!

Maybe it left them all Speechless :P
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Cutthing

Post by Cutthing »

Nice report. looked like a perfect day in the photos.