Another good day, with fish!!!!

Flamingo to Big Bend
Rooster

Another good day, with fish!!!!

Post by Rooster »

Met whodog again, and went to the Fort Desoto area. The day started out rather slow. Not much action untill the tide turned, then it was on. We caught numerous small gag grouper, whiting, speckled trout, and sand (silver) trout. We caught a ton of fish, although they werent sizeable we had a blast. Whodog then landed a GIGANTIC ladyfish, biggest one I ever seen at least. Then we moved on to some new waters, a spot where the current was RIPPING out of a narrow trough, we fished from shore from there and I got my mirrodine caught in a tree, not wanting to lose it I tried to paddle in, but the current was blazing through, so I stood up and poled in. I got the mirrodine out of the tree and while standing decided to let the current take me out. Well the current grabbed my kayak and pretty much yanked it out from under me :lol: I went for a nice refreshing swim :lol: After we both stopped laughing. We fished the swash for a while, and I ended up with my second ever redfish 8) , it was a WHOPPING (drum roll please) 8 inches long....If that :lol: :lol: Having the trout and red Whodog reminded me, I only needed a snook to complete the slam, but I never found one. All in all it was a great day on the water.
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
whodog

Post by whodog »

Had a good time fishing with Rooster, today. Almost didn't happen when I overslept. :roll: But, Rooster is a good sport & didn't complain about the delay (thanks!).
Due to the later than planned start we missed the early morning action. For a while I thought the skunk would be on us. After trying several different locations without any success we settled on some deeper & more open water. That's when the bite turned on. Nothing really big, but lots of them. The surprising thing was all the little grouper we caught. Hopefully that's a good sign. The Ladyfish was a real surprise, too. It put on a very nice aerial display. Lot of leaping & shaking. If there's an award for the smallest Redfish caught this year, I think Rooster is a shoo in! (Hey, at least he caught one!)

Definitely need to head back to that trough on a higher tide & earlier in the day. If our informant is correct a slam should be in order.

I wasn't going to bring up the dunking, but since you did.....
The best part was the look on his face. The one that appears during that split-second realization that your going down and there's nothing you can do about it. Roster should have been a stuntman. Thanks for the show! :D
Michael
Never mind.......
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

:lol: Yeah, that was priceless, I'm sure it hapens to the best of them though. :lol: Man, that current ripped through that little cut, It literally pulled the kayak from under me. :lol: But all is well 8) At least it was a refreshing swim, felt great in that mid day heat.....and the wet clothes helped me stay cool throughout the rest of the day 8)
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
whodog

Post by whodog »

Always looking on the bright side.

I'm sure my day is coming. It's been a long time since I dumped the canoe. (Weedon island, in the canals.) And when it happens I'm sure the gallery will be full of spectators (judges?).
Michael
Never mind.......
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

Sound like a fun day, guys.

Rooster, I'm sure that dunkin' felt good. Lately, if I've been fishing in water too deep to get out of the kayak, I've been dunking my shirt in the water and putting it back on, to keep cool. It's been soooo hot lately.
Gary

[i]He who looks outside dreams. He who looks within awakens.[/i]
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

yeah, it did, even tho it was un-intentional :lol: Hey, we gotta make the third attempt for a trip and this time we actually get to fish together, my new schedule allows me to be more able to meet with people 8) So if you ever want to go just let me know. Im kind of starting to enjoy this new schedule :D
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

Rooster wrote:Im kind of starting to enjoy this new schedule :D
And I remember you bitchin' when you were told about your new schedule. :lol:

We'll definately have to give it another try. I've been wanting to get together with Michael (whodog). Maybe the three of us could get together towards the end of the week. I'm free mid Thursday thru Saturday, this week.
Gary

Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Hey JP, I sent a PM, let me know if your interested.
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

Rooster wrote:Hey JP, I sent a PM, let me know if your interested.
Received and replied.
Gary

Snookered

Post by Snookered »

beutiful human sp?
Early to Bed
Early to Rise
Fish like Hell
and make up lies.
Tree-Bone

Post by Tree-Bone »

Whodog:

Would that be you fishing Schwabecker Landing in your avitar ?

The reflection however is flipped if that is the place.
TB
whodog

Post by whodog »

Tree-Bone wrote:Whodog:

Would that be you fishing Schwabecker Landing in your avitar ?

The reflection however is flipped if that is the place.
TB
So far, only in my dreams I'm sorry to say.

But it's on my list of things to do before I die, God willing.
Michael
Never mind.......
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Snookered wrote:beutiful human sp?
:oops: Sorry, I'll have to fix that.... :roll: :lol: