What a crate idea!

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Redfisher

What a crate idea!

Post by Redfisher »

After I lost my anchor and Uniden Voyager to a big wave on the beach,I decided to do something to prevent any more loses. Now my crate has a lid and can be straped down. The anchor I wiil have to remember to always tie to the kayak.
I also came up with a cool little camera holder.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Dude you got rats!
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Sully

Post by Sully »

Too much Bill. I was trying to come with something myself when I saw the picture and scrolled down and spewed coffee all over the screen. LMAO.

Not to derail your thread Redfisher because that is a pretty good idea. I have always just used a couple of bungy cords and lanyards with clips on stuff I was concerned with but that looks cool.

By the way, do you sleep in your kayak?
TRUE
uncdub13

Post by uncdub13 »

I made one similar that I use when I go offshore slow trolling for kings, particularly through surf launches. We just stow the rods inside the front hatches before re-entry. No worries about flipping in the breakers.

Did you just use zip ties for the hinges? I ended up just buying some cheap hinges from the Depot.
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Mangrove Man wrote:Dude you got rats!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Shep

Post by Shep »

Nice idea. I like it. Hope you don't mind, probably gonna steal your idea. :D
New place, new fishing adventures.
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

That's why I posted it.
I am very happy with the camera thing. A pool noodle makes it stand up in the cup holder and will keep it afloat if it goes overboard.
whodog

Re: What a crate idea!

Post by whodog »

redfisher wrote:After I lost my anchor and Uniden Voyager to a big wave on the beach,I decided to do something to prevent any more loses. Now my crate has a lid and can be straped down. The anchor I wiil have to remember to always tie to the kayak.
For my anchor rope I use cheap nylon water ski tow rope because it's cheap and it floats. If the line becomes detached it's hard to miss 50' of yellow line floating on the water.
Michael
Never mind.......
Chasing spots

how did you do it?

Post by Chasing spots »

Hi There; I have a question, did you use the bottom of another milk crate to create your lid? If so what did you use to cut it out.

Ps. I like your idea.
Keep those lines tight and those hooks sharp.

Roly ( Chasing Spots )

WS Ride 135
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Yes I did use the bottom of another crate for the lid. I used a cordless saber saw.(sawzall) The lid is held down with bugee and it fits snug because of how they are molded to fit together.
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

OH yeah, try to find UV resistant zip ties.
ettienne

Post by ettienne »

Cool idea. Get some stainless steel hinges and rivet them on.
Now everyone needs two crates :lol:
If you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill
Woof-a-Doof

Yowsa!

Post by Woof-a-Doof »

It really is a crate idea! And since I "procurred" (stealing really has such a harsh, negative connotation) two at the same time, I have one that can be "sacrificed" to work. I also like the idea of the PVC on the outside of the crate...it's one of those things where one might ask....now why didnt I think of that :wink:

I am gonna have to do some research on the camera gimmick. As with most, I assume, I am also using a digital lil sony cyber-shot....good pics and not bad video...but unlike the cameras in the days of old there is no way to execute the photo without actually hitting the capture button...now probably there is some gizmo that can be found or made to do this function....ehhh, least it's something to thnk about rather than focusing on the fact I caught no fish today!

Woof
aka:dave
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Mangrove Man wrote:
redfisher wrote:...Image
Dude you got rats!
CLASSIC! :lol:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
BlueTuna

Post by BlueTuna »

redfisher wrote:OH yeah, try to find UV resistant zip ties.
The black ones are usually UV resistant
"There's no such word as can't" - Dad
David