4-6
5%
As many as possible without breaking the law
8%

Total votes: 66

Gh Fisherboy

Snook season

Post by Gh Fisherboy »

Since snook season just started I was just curious on how many snook people keep during the season(not one day :lol: ). I only keep one to three a year.
Fishing isn't boring....you just suck at it.
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

None, for a variety of reasons.
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
Shep

Post by Shep »

I put as many as possible, because I can't catch any. Didn't want to put something else and jinx myself. :lol:
New place, new fishing adventures.
FishingDL

Post by FishingDL »

I used to keep 2 or 3 a year but the last few years I haven't kept any. It seems like the keeper Snook are becoming more scarce and until it turns around I will let them all swim away. It's a shame because I sure like the taste of Snook. Just seems like Redfish are more plentiful and Snook are less plentiful. Are the stocking efforts less for Snook?
Dave
-------------------------------------------------------
Is your fish dripping?

(11-01) 235 - (1-22) 215
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Until the FWC says there is a problem with overpopulation of snook I will never keep another.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
whodog

Post by whodog »

Don't you have to ask how many we catch first?

(1 in 9 months.)
Michael
Never mind.......
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

I don't keep any, and not because I don't think they taste good, I just don't like killing fish.
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

NONE, ZERO, ZIPPO

Even though they are my favorite fish to eat, it would be like eating my best friend. I just can't keep any snook.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

I will probably keep my first in the legal slot size and release all others after that. I can't remember the last time I had snook for dinner. I do remember growing up as a kid, our family had fish, snook included, more often than any other kind of meat, for dinner. That was way back when we'd ask what kind of fish we wanted for dinner, then go out back and catch it.

I still prefer fish for dinner over red meat or chicken. As much fishin' as I do, you'd think I'd take more fish home for dinner. Publix, lately, has been making a killing from me on Salmon and Tilapia. :lol:
Gary

[i]He who looks outside dreams. He who looks within awakens.[/i]
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

I cant seem to catch any big enough, If I do, I may keep one, I rarely keep my catches tho.
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

None.

I haven't kept any since sometime in 2004. I'm sorry I kept the ones I kept before that time especially with the other options that are there for bringing home fresh fish meals.

Pressure on this species increases daily. Habitat for the species diminishes, also daily. They're a great sport fish. Handle them with care, the little ones and the big ones. You're entitled to do what you want to as far as keeping a legal fish. I like to see people harvest fewer snook and take home other species for the dinner table.

Support Tampa Bay Watch: An organization that helps to fix what man hath wrecked. The habitat destruction caused by man is offset by this organization. With more support: Financially by people becoming members and also with your donation of your time and work on various projects you will be helping to give the snook and other species of fish a better chance at sustainability despite the changes to the ecosystem.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

NONE...........Fish is one of my favorite foods......Publix is always in Season.............
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

None for me, I'd rather catch them then clean them.

I've never eaten a snook.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

None.
I've not kept a snook in the last 3 or 4 years.
I just can't justify killing one for a meal. I'd much rather catch that fish again.
Dave
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I had snook for dinner last night. Usually keep 4-5 a season to keep "she who must be obeyed" happy.

For those interested in some night time dock fishing they are all over the docks outside Crisp Park right now.
JayB
Founder's Club

Post by JayB »

Why keep and clean fish when I have a perfectly good fish monger in my neighborhood.

I cleaned fish from the time I was 10 until I was 40. Then I realized, I didn't have to do it anymore. I could afford to pay someone else to do it.

I haven't cleaned a fish in at 15 years and probably won't ever do it again. Unless someone could hook me up with some nice slabs.

J
Stereotactic radiation saved my life.

I may not be an angel, but I had a halo.