Look at This Pontoon Setup!

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Look at This Pontoon Setup!

Post by Manning »

Went fishing late yesterday afternoon and ran into these guys at my local launch. Not being shy, I went over to talk to them. They explained that they had invented / developed this product and are just getting it ready to bring to market. In fact they gave me a prototype brochure that still had their correction marks on it. This thing is really well thought out. You can easily raise the pontoon about 8 inches from the seat in order to paddle.
They gave me their card, but their website is not up yet. They are from Sarasota.
srsfsu

Post by srsfsu »

What if you can do that without the pontoons?
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Probably wouldn't need them then would ya?
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

The paddle says it all... :roll:
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
apaulos

Post by apaulos »

The leaning tower is still a nice to have... Plus the pontoons come in handy if you catch something bigger than a pin fish.
srsfsu wrote:What if you can do that without the pontoons?
srsfsu

Post by srsfsu »

Vlap wrote:Probably wouldn't need them then would ya?
You would be allsome like me.
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

A level we all should strive for :lol:
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Ya most of us can stand in the Kayak...but I fished with these guys for a little while and let me tell you they were much more relaxed on that stand than I am when I am trying to keep things in balance. Not sure it would justify the cost, but looks like a good option for those that want it. It is also nice to see locals bringing new products to market. That is how we get the economy running again.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Cost??
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Don't know....did not ask. I have the guy's card and may drop him an e-mail to see. Possibly the final price is not set yet as the product is in development.
DayumSon

Post by DayumSon »

Interesting!

If the cost is competitive...Hmmmm!

You're right..that dude does look comfy standing.

How about the weight? did you try lifting it solo?
too many questions I have!!! :?: :!: :?: :!:
"I once cried because I did not have any shoes to wear.... until I met a man with no feet"

Dayum Son!
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

I have been in contact with the guy that is developing this product to pass along some of the questions that have been ask. As to price he said that the final price has not set. This should be happening soon since he is planning to have this ready for sale at the end of the month. As to weight, the leaning stand weighs 10 lbs. and each of the pontoons and arms weigh 8 lbs. That is a total weight of 26 lbs.
paddlaroun

Post by paddlaroun »

I say just get a boat you can stand in and leave all that hardware to the guys with a flats skiff. :shock:
Dan Native 12
"Sleep in fish late"

"I know the waters cold! Wet your hand anyway!!!"
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

paddlaroun wrote:I say just get a boat you can stand in and leave all that hardware to the guys with a flats skiff. :shock:
Don't be so closed minded! :lol:
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

I must say a young guy like myself has no use for a setup like this, however, I honestly say this would be great for older paddlers.
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
GO-Fish

Post by GO-Fish »

Met the inventor at the FS show here this past weekend. Very nice set up, Pontoons lift up a couple of inches so they don't drag in the water while under way. I think the total weight is reported around 25-30#'s, easy to breakdown.

Cost I heard was around $800 for both the leaning post and pontoons.

One thing that I thought of was that standing in the kayak may put stress on parts of the kayak that are not ment to be stressed. How many people that stand in there kayak have had cracks appear? Especialy for those that are in the Heywood Weight Loss program?

He better watch out or he will find it painted yellow and offered for sale by major kayak company.
265 (9/27 - 235) ----> 230 - 220?