A little bit of help please

RonC

A little bit of help please

Post by RonC »

What SOT fishing kayak would give me the best combo of stability and speed, with a slight edge to stablity if need be. I weigh 225. I would like something in the 12 -14 ft range
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Did you look here???
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

I would say the Heritage Redfish 14 or the Emotion Grand Slam.
The Redfish may be slightly more stable. Not to say the GrandSlam isn't stable,I weigh more than you and I can stand in mine. The beauty of these boats is that while they are super stable and still easy to paddle,they are super quiet moving through the water. They are both very dry even with a heavy paddler. The Redfish has a little more freeboard so it's a little more affected by the wind. The EGS has bigger hatches so it is easier to store larger items.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
RonC

Post by RonC »

Redfisher wrote:I would say the Heritage Redfish 14 or the Emotion Grand Slam.
The Redfish may be slightly more stable. Not to say the GrandSlam isn't stable,I weigh more than you and I can stand in mine. The beauty of these boats is that while they are super stable and still easy to paddle,they are super quiet moving through the water. They are both very dry even with a heavy paddler. The Redfish has a little more freeboard so it's a little more affected by the wind. The EGS has bigger hatches so it is easier to store larger items.
thank you
Shep

Post by Shep »

Can't get more stable than the Native Ultimate without it being an actual boat. :D
New place, new fishing adventures.
Kayakpirate

Test drive them all!!!!!!!!

Post by Kayakpirate »

Do yourself a favor.... TEST drive as many as possible before you decide. Go to www.floridakayak.com They offer several times a month days were you can test drive just about every kayak they sell. They take about 20 or so kayaks to a lake and you show up test whatever you like. Well worth the time and effort. By no means do they preasure you to purchase anything. I was glad I took the time to test drive several types before I decide. My wife was also glad she got the opportunity to test drive her kayak.

Economy Tackle
6018 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota
FL
Remember... We work to live, not live to work!

Jeff W.
LABOYINFLA

kAYAK FOR BIG BOYZ

Post by LABOYINFLA »

THE REDFISH HANDS DOWN, 14FT
LABOY