IT ISN'T FISHING.....

xfactor

IT ISN'T FISHING.....

Post by xfactor »

But, I wanted to put it here so more of you MENcould see it. I don't know very many of you, but the few that I do know and all that I have heard about most of you makes you a really great group of guys. So I don't want to see anything happen to any of you. You all know that you have that little do nothing organ called a prostate gland. I know that I have one and because of my stupidity I am now paying the price for not doing the right things in my earlier years.

I don't want anyone's sympathy, just your prayers for me and my family. I recently went for an exam and it wasn't good. So the doctor set me up for all kinds of test. And I can tell you there was or is anything good about any of them, especially the one where they do the rectal ultrasound and biopsy. Had I gone much earlier in life (I'm now 63) I would not be going through what I am now and I would not be putting my family through the ordeal.

I am telling you guys this because Paddle-Fishing is much like a close knit family. And I for one do not want to see or hear of anything happening to any of the family.

So, all of you that are about 40 and above get off you a$$e$ and go have it checked.

I love all of you guys because all of your post have made me a better fisherman.

Thanks,

JImmy
"It's best not to complain about a splinter to an individual who's lost a limb," Waldnerr.
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

If treated early you have a GREAT chance of survival. I am a survivor of Lung Cancer so I know what you are going thru.

Prayer works... I know that too.. SO my prayers are with you and your family.

I love fishin and kayakin... Also love life.

Hang in there... GOD loves You...
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]
FishingDL

Post by FishingDL »

Fishaddict wrote:
Prayer works... I know that too.. SO my prayers are with you and your family.

I love fishin and kayakin... Also love life.

Hang in there... GOD loves You...

Well said-

I will also put you and your family in my prayers.
Dave
-------------------------------------------------------
Is your fish dripping?

(11-01) 235 - (1-22) 215
RockinNReelin

Post by RockinNReelin »

Prayers are headed in your direction and also a BIG HUG goes out to you for posting this. I'm also praying that the wonderful men on this forum will heed your warning and take your advice! Thanks for posting this.
~Sharon~
Never lie to someone you trust, Never trust someone who lies to you.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Excellent point and sentiments Jimmy. And you're so right, many of us men tend to live our lives under the guise of "out of sight, out of mind". Unfortunately, this includes some of our internal organs etc. that we just take for granted to have lifetime warranties. It's been about 5 years since my last exam so, I thank you for the wake up call. I also wish you and your family the strength to get through this ordeal as unscathed as possible. There's a lot of good doctors in our area, I pray you are being treated by one of them.

My thoughts and prayers are with you "Mr. Ozello". :wink:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

You have our thoughts and prayers, I just had my first exam year before last. Not much fun but neccessary. Hopefully they caught it in time to give you a good outcome.
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Jimmy --- keep your spirits up and know that you have a whole slew of people pulling and praying for you.

To the rest of you men --- get a dang annual physical with all the bells and whistles.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
ratherbefishin

Post by ratherbefishin »

I am thankful everyday that my brother was checked. He was diagnosed 2 yrs ago and his prognosis is good. Thank you for posting this, prayers are being said for you and your family.
Curt

Well, hell, SOMEBODY has to catch lizardfish.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Good luck mate, thinking good thoughts for you and your family.

Thanks for the reminder, I'm 40 next week.
So I will be making that appointment, for the following week, what a nice birthday present :roll:
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

In all seriousness, I thought that you were supposed to start testing at age 50.If there was a family history or racial predisposition, then you were supposed to start checking at age 40.
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

skinnywater wrote:In all seriousness, I thought that you were supposed to start testing at age 50.If there was a family history or racial predisposition, then you were supposed to start checking at age 40.
That's when our insurance kicked in and said to maintain the best plan I had to get one.
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
Sledford

Post by Sledford »

teamshaft3 wrote:Excellent point and sentiments Jimmy. And you're so right, many of us men tend to live our lives under the guise of "out of sight, out of mind". Unfortunately, this includes some of our internal organs etc. that we just take for granted to have lifetime warranties. It's been about 5 years since my last exam so, I thank you for the wake up call. I also wish you and your family the strength to get through this ordeal as unscathed as possible. There's a lot of good doctors in our area, I pray you are being treated by one of them.

My thoughts and prayers are with you "Mr. Ozello". :wink:
Well said. I am past due too :shock:
Sam
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=28494&st

Post by Norm »

Jimmy, your so right...and I have been so guilty of procrastinating about this. My doctor does the annual check, and then reminds me I should be glad he can't palm a basketball :roll: :lol:
Unfortunately, I have yet to get the scope job :? That I really need to do, especially since my father died from this at 82 :!:

Prayer for you and your family during this ordeal Jimmy :wink:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
saltwater_cowboy
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by saltwater_cowboy »

Best wishes on a speedy recovery!

Some advice to make it easier on these types of exams.......

Schedule the procedure as early as possible....the first one of the day if possible....you usually can't eat for 12 hours before any of these types of procedures and you want to sleep for most of that to avoid ravenous hunger if your appt is late in the afternoon.......

Only go to a place that uses Varcet (pronounced var-say) as a knock-out if possible.......that stuff knocks you the hell out quickly and wears off quickly so you don't spend the whole day afterward in a daze or breathing off nasty sleeping gas......

Enjoy the hilarity that is the "cocktail" you have to drink the night before :lol:

I can make fun because I've been through the procedure btw :lol:

I wouldn't recommend a huge breakfast after all is said and done either just in case there's any remnants of the night's prior "cocktail"

Not trying to be gross, just telling my honest recommendations ....thankfully, none of them were learned the hard way 8)
Mark

Here fishy, fishy, fishy......
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

Good luck and I hope they got it early! I have my first colonoscopy this summer--I'm only 30. I have 2 generations of colon cancer so I get the probe every 5years then every year after 40. Fun stuff
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"