PFTS Slam Rule Changes

Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

I think that is a good idea, not that anyone asked for my opinion. Shamus does bring up a good point, and I have always been of the opinion that it goes in this order of "bestest": Snook, Red, Trout. Certainly a 24 inch trout is better than a 24 inch snook, but you really can over complicate the whole thing. So you have to set some sort of rules to follow, and that way it is fair for everyone. As long as everyone understands them going in......that is actually the hardest part.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

Does a straight flush still beat four of a kind?
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Erick wrote:I think that is a good idea, not that anyone asked for my opinion.
Who is this Erick guy and why do I need his opinion?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
noles

Post by noles »

shamus wrote:Nobody ever catches a fish before 9:30 anyway so why is check in at O dark thirty ?
Speak for yourself! With that kind of attitude, no wonder why the new rod broke! :lol:

BTW, i like the rule change
"whose that little motherf***er with the fly rod"
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

I never slam, or even place so it doesn't matter to me. It's always fun regardless.

(now if they'll just ease up on the all important Bluetooth rule... 8) )
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

dunfly wrote:Does a straight flush still beat four of a kind?
Wouldn't that be "three of a different kind"?
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

teamshaft3 wrote:I never slam, or even place so it doesn't matter to me. It's always fun regardless.

Cisco..Just wear a buff and stuff your cell phone inside it.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

MrSpectaculous wrote:
teamshaft3 wrote:I never slam, or even place so it doesn't matter to me. It's always fun regardless.

Cisco..Just wear a buff and stuff your cell phone inside it.
hmmm. That couuuld work, or... I could just pull my buff over the Bluet....

You are indeed a wise man Sir Spectaculous. :wink:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

What is the reason for the bluetooth rule? I used to always fish with it just so I could answer the phone without getting the cell out of the waterproof bag. (Till I lost it - the bluetooth)
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

I do think it would stink to loose with 90+ inches of redfish to someone with a 15" red and a 10" trout.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

I agree, it would stink!
Stink bad!

REAL BAD!!!

So... after 29 or 30 inches of "one" Red fish. It's time to move on for at least one of the two remaining species.
Therefore eliminating the possibility of getting beat by a 15 inch Red and a 10 inch Trout.

Looks like I solved another one :roll:
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
gatordave

Post by gatordave »

Tide1on wrote:I agree, it would stink!
Stink bad!

REAL BAD!!!

So... after 29 or 30 inches of "one" Red fish. It's time to move on for at least one of the two remaining species.
Therefore eliminating the possibility of getting beat by a 15 inch Red and a 10 inch Trout.

Looks like I solved another one :roll:
Ain't that the idea of a slam tournament? Trying to achieve a slam. It should always be the best 3 fish combo or the best 2 fish combo. And if thats not achieved then it should be the best of each species and not duplicates of the same species to achieve 90" trout totals. It's way to easy to take mutiple pics of the same fish to start adding inches to your total to get 90".
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

90 inches of trout would surely deserve the win. :wink:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
SlikNik

Post by SlikNik »

Rules were fine the way they were IMO. 90 inches of Redfish deserves to win the cash any day of the week compared to 2/3 of slam. Ask yourself which angler really had the better day?
If you say 2/3rds of a slam you would be wrong :?

Of course, just my 2 cents
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

SlikNik wrote:Rules were fine the way they were IMO. 90 inches of Redfish deserves to win the cash any day of the week compared to 2/3 of slam. Ask yourself which angler really had the better day?
If you say 2/3rds of a slam you would be wrong :?

Of course, just my 2 cents
Sitting on a hole for a couple of hours in no way deserves to win over someone who took the time to find at least 2/3 rds of a slam. That person changed tatics and locations in an attempt to catch all three speices.

JMHO
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

Heywood wrote: Sitting on a hole for a couple of hours in no way deserves to win over someone who took the time to find at least 2/3 rds of a slam. That person changed tatics and locations in an attempt to catch all three speices.
It is impressive to get a slam in a kayak on tournment day period. What ever the rules are the PFTS is great fun.

I have never got a slam on tournment day. Spend a much time time trying for the last piece of the puzzle :roll:
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"