Stringers = Sharks

Kayakpirate

Stringers = Sharks

Post by Kayakpirate »

I took note earlier in the year Stringers = Sharks. So with that said; I purchased one of those insulated KAYAK fish bags. Simply attached it to the back of my kayak its great! The biggest complaint I hear is mold and the bags simply stink.

Just wanted to share what I found works GREAT if you have one of those insulated Kayak fish bags.

Purchase one of those $4.00 large frozen food bags from Publix. Take (3 or 4) 12oz bottles purified water and place in the freezer over night.

When you are ready to go fishing, place the frozen bottles in that Publix freezer bag. Roll the bag up tight and place the bag inside the Insulated Kayak fish bag. This will be the bag that holds the bottled blocks of ice and fish together within the kayak bag.

NICE… No messy melting ice water all over the place or your vehicle! The fish and ice are contained within a bag that is inside another insulated bag then sealed in the kayak bag. If I fish all day still I come home with ice in the bottles and my catch stays cold.

Just rinse those bottles off with soap and water and place back in the freezer. Hose out the Publix freezer bag with soap and water. If it tears or gets old replace it. MOST IMPORTANT.... hang up that insulated Kayak fish bag it never got messy!
Remember... We work to live, not live to work!

Jeff W.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: Stringers = Sharks

Post by Todd »

Kayakpirate wrote:Just rinse those bottles off with soap and water and place back in the freezer. Hose out the Publix freezer bag with soap and water. If it tears or gets old replace it. MOST IMPORTANT.... hang up that insulated Kayak fish bag it never got messy!
Even easier-put large trash bags inside your cooler. Place the fish in a large trash bag and just throw away the bag. No mess at all.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Tree-Bone

Post by Tree-Bone »

Even easier-put large trash bags inside your cooler. Place the fish in a large trash bag and just throw away the bag. No mess at all.[/quote]

WHAT !!! Todd keeps fish !!
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Todd wrote: Even easier-put large trash bags inside your cooler. Place the fish in a large trash bag and just throw away the bag. No mess at all.
x 2, I'll use that same trash bag to hold the undesired trimmings for the trash can when I didn't keep enough to justify digging a hole.
Last edited by DoubleM on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
Shep

Post by Shep »

Even easier. Don't catch any fish and you don't have to worry about any of it! :oops:
New place, new fishing adventures.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Tree-Bone wrote:WHAT !!! Todd keeps fish !!
Yes I do on occasion. "She show must be obeyed" likes a nice fresh fish dinner at times.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=29004&st

Post by Norm »

The California Innovations bag has a very nice little zippered compartment that will hold a couple of folded kitchen garbage bags very nicely. That along with a couple of frozen 20oz bottles will hold your fish for at least a full day of fishing. The only thing to rinse off would be the main zipper on my bag as they do have a tendency to freeze up after some use.
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld