ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS?

justabucup

ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS?

Post by justabucup »

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/outdoor ... 69384.html

So they want a fish grinder and then have it piped to a sewer system. What universe do these IDIOTS live in? Frigging Sarasota only has about a tenth of it's homes hooked into a proper sewer system.
Credo quia absurdum
DBray6

Post by DBray6 »

Why not just install a hand crank grinder at the cleaning stations? The carcass goes in, you crank the handle and chum comes out the other end, dropping straight into the water.
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

Get some girls in T-Backs to sell fish smoothies and everyone would be happy.
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Oh, my.

There must be a more reasonable solution to the miscellaneous problems these fish cleanings stations cause.

It's the gross factor that bothers me.......unless I have a guide who is cleaning my terrific triple tail or seriously tasty snook!
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Can someone splain to me how a fish clean station is a threat to the health and welfare of a pelican?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
loukiii

Post by loukiii »

They might overeat and get too fat to fish on their own.
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

mauso1 wrote:Can someone splain to me how a fish clean station is a threat to the health and welfare of a pelican?
Hey Randy,

The fish cleaning station itself isn't harmful to the birds.

What's harmful is throwing the carcass of a filleted fish to a pelican. Without the skin on the fish the bones do not digest completely/correctly (or something like that).

That is why they have those 8-10 inch PVC pipes at some fish cleaning stations. The pipes take the carcass down deeper where the pelicans won't get them.

You'll have to Google up the details. That's about all I know about it off the top of my head.
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
Rik

Post by Rik »

DBray6 wrote:Why not just install a hand crank grinder at the cleaning stations? The carcass goes in, you crank the handle and chum comes out the other end, dropping straight into the water.
That is way too simple and inexpensive. What good is a new law if it doesn't create massive complexities that cause other problems down the line to then make more new laws and spend more money to "fix"?

If they put grinders at the cleaning stations, you'd find anglers grinding the fish and keeping the output for chum on their next trip.

Call it $50 per station instead of the $30,000 the mention in the article.

Like I said, way too simple and inexpensive.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

It would take a lot more than fifty bucks to design a lock that would keep them from stealing the damned thing. 10% of the homes Buc? Source pls.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Okay, make it $500 and it's still a much better and less expensive solution
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Yes, indeed it is.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

A cleaning station is a pelican wellfare program. We have turned those birds into worthless crap.
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"
Rik

Post by Rik »

But the tourists from Ohio love watching the pelicans eat fish carcasses!
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

DaveR wrote:It would take a lot more than fifty bucks to design a lock that would keep them from stealing the damned thing. 10% of the homes Buc? Source pls.
I said that referring to all the water quality problems in SRQ because so many have septic tanks. SRQ is struggling to get up to a 20th century infrastructure :wink: That and the propensity of SRQ residents shatting outdoors. That is why I get so upset when SRQ people invade Manatee County. It is no question why there are high bacteria alerts that come out 1 day after someone from SRQ fishes Palma Sola Bay :P
Credo quia absurdum
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

justabucup wrote: SRQ is struggling to get up to a 20th century infrastructure :wink: That and the propensity of SRQ residents shatting outdoors. That is why I get so upset when SRQ people invade Manatee County. It is no question why there are high bacteria alerts that come out 1 day after someone from SRQ fishes Palma Sola Bay :P
That little winking icon barely manages to shield that comment from absurdity coming from a liife long resident of Bradentucky.
As to random acts of shatting in Manatee Co. When in Rome......

"SANCTUARY!!!"

justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Absurdity? Maybe you should ask another SRQ resident who lives in the Phillipee Creek area about how his street and yard was ripped up within the past three years to get the neighborhood hooked into a sewage system. This was an established development not far from major thuroughfares.

And don't get me strated of the substandard treatment plants in the developments throughout SRQ that have had to be shut down and or taken over by the state and county because developer took the money and run while the county did not wish to put in the infrastucture to save money for some film festival.

Or do I have to remind you of the "spring" in the Vamo area that pours thousands of gallons of fresh water everyday from a busted water pipe?
Credo quia absurdum