As the song goes....

Flamingo to Big Bend
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

As the song goes....

Post by DaveR »

Baby it's cold outside. 46 deg. to be precise. So what to do? Head south. Ex Capt bill is in town so it's time to go fishin. It's Uncle Tommy's b.day and he's treating himself to a day off. Rik is designated driver and were off. Pine island or bust! Good tide for tails but I expect this cold weather may keep them off the flats for a few hours. Report in about 12 hours.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Good luck guys........I got up at 4:30 to fish as well took one step outside and canceled.......I hate fishing alone anyway.........Good Luck
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Redfish don't care how cold it is. Catch 'em up! At least you get to go on a warm day! I'm going out this weekend. :?
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: As the song goes....

Post by Todd »

DaveR wrote: Rik is designated driver
Shouldn't the guy who does not drink be the DD?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

BBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :P
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I bet it was a nice day for a paddle. :roll:
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

The company and scenery was MUCH better than the fishing. Uncle Tommy did get to try out his new ultra ultra light paddle though. Here he is holding the paddle he brought with him.
A new avatar is in order I do believe.
Bill looking stylish in red.
The only redfish caught today was for the birthday boy. As it should be.
The water moved in on the flats just as predicted but it didn't bring the reds with it. We saw a few and caught some trout just to smell like fish on the way home but fishing was poor.
There was some kind of decal nazi at the launch though. Some Finatic this or that left stickers on Rik"s and my truck. Scallywags should be arrested. We should get a free print for the advertising!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mako

Post by Mako »

wow, great tides and no reds....must be that full moon. It seems like you guys had a good time though and brought home good stories to tell...which reminds me, nice paddle there Tommy :wink:
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
Uncle Tommy
Black Tip Tommy

Post by Uncle Tommy »

I'll soon be marketing my new InvisiPaddle. Makes it easier to sneak up on Redfish as any one of a half-dozen veteran fisherman can attest.

Enjoyed the day immensely, gentleman. No better way to spend a birthday.

UT
Please, call me Kate
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I have this new stuff called "invisimoney" I will trade you for the paddle.
GO-Fish

Post by GO-Fish »

Been there, done that. Actually there, had to push pole around with my stake out pole.

Glad you had a good time. How did you like the mud.

Matlacha was not much better.
265 (9/27 - 235) ----> 230 - 220?
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

Full moon, fo shizzle.
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
Rik

Post by Rik »

Go fish - I figured it was going to take 45 minutes of knee deep in the mud slogging to get out but it wasn't that bad at all. Really no mud over the ankle. Well, except for that hole I stepped in that took me off balance requiring a drop to one knee.....

Everything was right. The weather was nice, the sun was out, the tide was 'tail perfect', the company had all showered so they didn't stink, the lures were rigged well but someone forgot to send the redfish the memo.

Not a problem, 'twas a beautiful day for a paddle.

btw, there is a nice shop up in Bokeelia called Coast Connection. They rented Tommy a paddle for $5 and didn't require any forms, deposit or ID. Good folks that still trust people.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Rik

Post by Rik »

btw, DaveR, now I know why you weren't at my house at 6:45 like you said you would.
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:34 am Post subject: As the song goes....
You were playing around on the innernet.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

I met up with Vlap in the afternoon. Got several trout Vlap saw some tails as did I but no takers but seeing the moon rise and one of the prettiest sunsets ever was nice. Hardly any wind (there would have been no breeze at all if I had left the flyrod at home) and still a tollerable temperature. Goes to show though that redfish do not bite on a blue moon.

Glad you guys had a nice paddle day and Happy B'day UT.
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

Pineland was our last stop after the 5 day finatic tour and as we pull in to the launch and begin unloading 2 trucks of PF'ers pull up. Nice of you guys to drive all the way down just to be part of the tour. :lol:
Anyway, as with the others high expectations of mucho tails were had but, Roger and I did not see one freakin tail. The 1st spot I paddled to resulted in several upper slot/over slot fish that were millin' around in a deeper broken up area of sand and grass. I casted the new finatic bend back for the 1st time and got clobbered by one of the bronze colored beautys but, unfortunately came unbottoned after a brief tussle. That area held the most reds and the biggest seen all day. I had 2 more shots later on some smaller reds but, they weren't interested. Great seeing the gang and thanks for leaving your mark of decals on my vehicle when we returned to the launch. I wasn't sure who was the responsible culprit so I just stickered both trucks! :lol: I was too tired to leave a real finatic mark but, the thought was there thinking about the stack of 75 assorted decals in my SUV!
Happy birthday Tommy! I hope when I'm as old as your arse I don't forget my paddle! Cheers. 8)
The artist formally known as Snookfinatic

finaticdesigns.com