Sad News from Holy Mackerel Tackle

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Sad News from Holy Mackerel Tackle

Post by Todd »

Ron Parsons, one of the original owners with Jerry, passed away in December. Needless to say Jerry is upset over losing a great friend and business partner.

Ron was always very helpful and welcomed me with a big smile everytime I walked in the door. He will be missed.

They have a condolence book at the front counter. Would be nice for all who can to stop by and say a few kind words for his wife to read.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Sad news indeed.
I remember my first trip to Holy Mackerel. Ron sat behind the counter greeting every customer as they walked in the shop. After offering his assistance we began talking about recent fishing trips and he shared stories about fishing some of the same areas. I bought a few baits and a spool of line.
It was weeks later if not a month or two before I visited the shop again. Ron greeted me by name as I walked through the door and introduced me to his partner, Jerry. From that day forward Holy Mackerel has been my "go to" tackle shop that I would recommend to everyone.

That was almost 10 years ago. Even after moving to Ruskin I still make the trip to Holy Mackerel for all of my tackle shopping. I haven't been in there in a couple of months but Ron was working the last time I was there. He welcomed me as usual when I walked in. We sat and talked for over an hour. He told me about his travels since he "retired" from the shop.

Ron will be sorely missed.
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Sorry to hear that. Great guys over at that shop. I had the opportunity to visit with them on several occassions when I was in the tackle industry. Always very helpful and friendly.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
aquaholik

Post by aquaholik »

I found that out last week when I dropped in a reel for service. When Jerry said he lost Ron, I thought Ron went back on vacation. It was quite a shock since he looked pretty healthy every time I saw him.
RockinNReelin

Post by RockinNReelin »

Wow! I'm at a loss for words. Another fine human being will definitely be missed. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and his partner, Jerry.
~Sharon~
Never lie to someone you trust, Never trust someone who lies to you.
pag_yaker

Post by pag_yaker »

This is a tough one. HM is the only place I buy gear anymore ...
Jerry White
Contributing author for Paddling.net since 2005
Contributing author for Florida Sportsman Magazine
Member - Florida Outdoor Writers Association
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

What a great guy. He has helped me several times too. Sad to hear the news. :cry: RIP Ron.
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

Ron was the first person I got to know when I started my retirement and fishing from a kayak. He was always friendly, helpful and his advice probably saved me a bunch of money. I always asked about him when I went in the store. I will sure miss him too. Blessings to his family.
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

He always was friendly to me and always seemed genuinly interested in meeting my needs. Jerry is also a winner in my book. Always helpful and my first stop for whatever I may need.
God bless them both.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
FishingDL

Post by FishingDL »

My favorite shop. Top notch guys. I had quite a few fish tale swapping sessions with him. Prayers go out to his family.
Dave
-------------------------------------------------------
Is your fish dripping?

(11-01) 235 - (1-22) 215
pag_yaker

Re: Sad News from Holy Mackerel Tackle

Post by pag_yaker »

I included a little review of HMT in my latest article for paddling.net Jerry (and Ron) are definitely good folk.

http://www.paddling.net/guidelines/showArticle.html?483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jerry White
Contributing author for Paddling.net since 2005
Contributing author for Florida Sportsman Magazine
Member - Florida Outdoor Writers Association
FishFreak

Re: Sad News from Holy Mackerel Tackle

Post by FishFreak »

pag_yaker wrote:I included a little review of HMT in my latest article for paddling.net Jerry (and Ron) are definitely good folk.

http://www.paddling.net/guidelines/showArticle.html?483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good read
David

[color=darkred][b]Proud to be a bait chucker[/b][/color]