would be cool to see more rig canoes.

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
joco

would be cool to see more rig canoes.

Post by joco »

would be fun to see more picts off rig canoes for fishing.

show me what you have guys/gals.. :cool:

and what would be a good solo fishing canoe.?

joco
hooknsnook

Re: would be cool to see more rig canoes.

Post by hooknsnook »

i still fish a noe ..at least once a week..
as far as what model..that depends on your price range..

ive had several indianriver canoes..great boats for the cash plus theyer not scared of oyster bars...

now if you have the cash..wenonah makes some great solos
in the 16ft range look at the solo plus

i fish a heron its a good boat ..2nd stability is awsome..
i would like an escapade..for the speed and tracking..

the vagabond is na bad as a solo for shorter paddles..but i would go with a longer boat again for the speed,stability and tracking..just my 2cts
exp.. prism 16 6
i know you just want to see rigged pics so heres one..anchor trolly and drink holders ..doubles for happy hour..lol
yada yada ...heres an ol pic of my 13ft sandpiper

i like to drink cold beer :)
pbr

Post by pbr »

Here is my 14 Hornebeck, weighs 25 lbs. Have added a Native seat and Stinger anchoring system which adds a little weight probably weighs 35lbs now. Good value for a carbon/kevlar canoe, good speed, not the fastest, but good stability and very dry. If you want speed and utility I think the Bell solo canoes would be a choice. Any canoe nees some modifying to set up for fishing. I moved thwarts added rod holders, cleats and equipment bags etc. but I believe i have it just right now.

mjrodney
Supporter 2012

Post by mjrodney »

Here is one I had some time back, a Mohawk Nova 16.

A bit large for one person, it required a water jug at the bow to hold it down. Most of the outfitting came in the form of the requisite milk crate.

And at that time, I fished with entirely too much crap in the boat.

I moved to kayaks after this boat, but ultimately, I sold them as well, since I like sitting up just a bit.

Most recently, I picked up a used, good condition OT Osprey 14, that doesn't require a water jug to sit level in the water.

This is an Old Town stock photo, but it still represents the way I'm trying to keep this canoe.

Minimal tackle (Two or three Spooks, Mirrodines, and DOA shrimp), a couple of tools and 3 rods simply lie on the center seat.....no crate.......with a tethered double blade paddle across my legs.....and just one rope that acts both as a painter line and an anchor line, lying on the floor just behind me. Easy on, easy off the water. KISS.

So far, it's working well for me in my local fishing area on the ICW. I can let the boat drift in the wind and current, or if I find a productive spot, drop the anchor.

Eventually, I might move to a lighter weight solo canoe, but the more I use this one, the more I have to ask myself why.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Here is a few pics of my Mohawk Solo14.........I will be at the P-F Demo Paddle-in on Sat the 12th representing Mohawk you can paddle this boat at that time...........
Rigging is simple:
Adjustable Stabilizers
Anchor Trolley(no holes in the boat)
Rigged for Fly Fishing
On water with Stabilizers.....
Last edited by JoeS on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Rik

Post by Rik »

I find the comeback of canoes to be interesting. Over the past 10 years, no one thought about canoes. The sat on the racks in dealers. Kayaks owned the spotlight. Now more and more canoes are coming out of the woodwork.

There are many canoes out there that, from a paddling viewpoint, make most of the SOT kayaks look like slugs.

I attempted to get all of the canoes manufacturers (Bell, Wenonah, etc) to have someone show up for our demo day on Saturday. Got lots of yada, yada from them and several kayak manufacturers. Glad Joe will be bringing the Mohawk Solo 14. It's a pretty impressive solo canoe.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Nice lookin boat Joe!
Dirty Dave

Post by Dirty Dave »

Here is one of two of Mohawk Solo 14's I have in my fleet.

If you want to see more you can look http://www.nomotorflyfishing.com/rigged_mohawk_canoes. More pictures will be added as they are ready.