Hall of Shame

StepenG

Hall of Shame

Post by StepenG »

I thought it would be some help to have people put those crappy companies it their place of shame... If you have had issues with companies post here.. What product you got and what the issues was..
Your not living till you get on a Malibu kayak
Evan

Re: Hall of Shame

Post by Evan »

Yes! An opportunity to complain! Can't pass that up...

Recently I sent back my Costa sunglasses for warranty repair. Lenses were delaminating around the edges. Just before I sent them back, however, I managed to accidentally break the stem off one side (it's pretty easy to do). So, when they receive the glasses, they tell me that the broken stem isn't covered under warranty, and charge me $33 to fix it. But when I got the glasses back, turns out they sent me a brand new pair. Evidently the de-laminated lenses WERE covered under the warranty. So...why did they charge me to "fix" the broken stem if they were going to send me a brand new pair anyway because of the de-lamination? Pretty lame - Costas are seeming terribly over-rated right now.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

For every bash this company rant there is out there you can find just as many this company is great threads.

For instance-I have had Costa Del Mar sunglasses for many years. Have used their warranty serive or just repair service probably 4-5 times and have never had a problem and would recommend them to anyone based on my postive experiences in dealing with them.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Rik

Post by Rik »

Evan wrote:Yes! An opportunity to complain! Can't pass that up...

If they'd sent you back the original frame with a repaired stem and replaced lenses, would you have felt better?

Seems to me that you got the better deal. (and, no, don't own or wear Costas)
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Hornetbear

Post by Hornetbear »

Economy Tackle sucks.
Evan

Post by Evan »

Rik wrote: If they'd sent you back the original frame with a repaired stem and replaced lenses, would you have felt better
I would feel better if the $200 sunglasses I bought a year ago hadn't delaminated and fallen apart. Just felt like they should have taken better care of me (when I returned my old Orvis glasses, for example, they rushed me a new pair with no questions and didn't even charge me for shipping). To be fair, however, it's just like Todd said - for every badmouther there is a champion. Just the way it goes.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Hornetbear wrote:Economy Tackle sucks.
Was there yesterday and the owner had not seen me in some time. 33 bucks worth of mackerel gear for 20 bucks. Kinda like the "even Steven" Seifeld episode I guess.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

It is easy to complain

I've been self-employed most of my adult life. I try to treat people the way I like to be treated. I'm sure I have pissed off a few people in my day.

Every story has two sides

With warranty items people never tell the whole truth.
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Tobacco Depot on Bloomingdale.. I smoke cigars and dip snuff. Their customer service SUCKS when it comes to a faulty product! :pukeright: Sorry. Was this only supposed to be about fishing? :scratch: :mrgreen:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
FishingDL

Post by FishingDL »

I think the IRS sucks. They take way to much of my money.

I can't wait to read the positive comments on the IRS.
Dave
-------------------------------------------------------
Is your fish dripping?

(11-01) 235 - (1-22) 215
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

FishingDL wrote:I think the IRS sucks. They take way to much of my money.

Agreed
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Greygator

Post by Greygator »

Isn't the IRS involed in the new health care plan? That should be interesting.
Snook712

Post by Snook712 »

Malibu Kayaks - The hatches on my stealth leak like crazy and I have contacted their "service dept" several times with no response. It is a real design problem they do not seem to care about.
Hooked on Youth Fishing Team - Sponsored by Cat Crap Lip Balm
"Fishing for the Future"
Ultimate 12 (Green)
Malibu Stealth 14 (Sand)
Roger
StepenG

Post by StepenG »

I own a malibu kayak and my hatches dont leak at all.. i bet you don't have screws sealing the latches.. i put a crack of dawn 8 inch hatch with rivets and its lose, the rivets are to short. and my hatches are dry.. im going to take out the rivets and put in new screws and seal it this weekend..
StepenG

Post by StepenG »

Greygator wrote:Isn't the IRS involed in the new health care plan? That should be interesting.
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAxj7zTFNbU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [/youtube]
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

FishingDL wrote:I think the IRS sucks. They take way to much of my money.

I can't wait to read the positive comments on the IRS.
I'll third that one.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve