The Little Man & I

shallow pockets

The Little Man & I

Post by shallow pockets »

I have been working way to much lately. I finally had a day to spend with my boy Jacob. We launched at South lido park around 9 Am in search of some fish. After paddling about fifty yards I started casting the mirrOdine into a large pothole. In that pothole seemed to be and endless Trout bite which was perfect to keep Jacob's interest for about 30 min.. At 3 yrs old he gets bored very quickly. After a few pics Jabob was over the fishing part of our trip so we headed back to the launch to load the rods back in the truck.

Now we were ready to hit the mangrove tunnels. We spent the next couple of hours exploring the tunnels . We found a few new tunnels we had never found before.

We encountered many different types of birds today.I think they were enjoying the shade of the mangroves as much as we were.

Today was a great day spent with my boy. If anyone has kids and would like to introdce them to kayaking & fishing ,the trails at South Lido Park would be a great place to start.
Jackson Kayak Pro Staff
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: The Little Man & I

Post by DaveR »

Nice thread Steve.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Awe. Too cute. What a good dad!
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Excellent adventure "Pop"! :wink:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Very nice ................
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Not many youngins get to experience that sort of thing. I'm actually in the market for a native or comparable kayak/canoe for my 3 year old. He can already cast the Spider Man/Zebco like a champ! :thumbright:

Nice Job and Great PICS!! :cool:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

kneedeep wrote:Not many youngins get to experience that sort of thing. He can already cast the Spider Man/Zebco like a champ! :thumbright:
:cool:
Yeah, they are abit tricky to get use to, but one you get the hang of them, they are a bonzer setup :!: have been thinking of making it a permanent piece of my tackle :roll:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Awesome day Steve.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Kayakpirate

Post by Kayakpirate »

Looks like he had an awesome time. These will be great childhood memories for sure!
Remember... We work to live, not live to work!

Jeff W.