Great Deal on Cabo 20, better hurry

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Great Deal on Cabo 20, better hurry

Post by Todd »

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... stid=24988" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Rik

Re: Great Deal on Cabo 20, better hurry

Post by Rik »

That is a great deal. Have one and love it.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

At that price, I'd buy 2.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
shallow minded II

Post by shallow minded II »

Just bought 1.
I always catch more & larger fish when I fish by myself. Stealth is the key.
BryanS

Post by BryanS »

Just bought one as well....not that I needed the darn thing!
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it.
—Clarence Darrow
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

bsegg04 wrote:Just bought one as well....not that I needed the darn thing!

Me too. Now I have to go rod shopping.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Here's what I learned this morning. Check the screw that holds the bail onto the rotor at the line roller end of the bail. You'll have to remove the spool. Make sure it is tight. If it comes loose, all hell breaks loose even when you catch a 12 inch trout. The bail starts flopping, line starts flying, the reel makes a sickening clack clack clack sound as you keep reeling wonder what the hell is happening.

I've never touched that screw and I've only had the reel a couple months so I'm guessing it just wasn't quite tight enough right out of the box. No big deal and had I not left my extra eyes in the truck, I'd have been able to fix it on the spot.

On another note, thankfully it was a 12 inch trout. Had it been the 26 and 9/10's inch redfish I was searching for, hand lining it in would have been quite a bit more difficult.

Other than that, I love my Cabo 20!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

What does the Cabo have that the Catalyst don't?
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Rik

Post by Rik »

ALSO -

If you buy one of these Cabos, go to this link:

http://www.quantumfishing.com/BPS/Zebco ... coupon.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and fill out the coupon for a free shirt
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

MrSpectaculous wrote:What does the Cabo have that the Catalyst don't?
Very good point, in this case a cheaper price. Other than that they are very comparable. I have both Cabos and Catalysts and they have both performed well over the years.

Description of the Cabo-

The one-piece reel frame is die-cast and then machined from a special aluminum alloy for unparalleled lightweight strength. Every detail is CNC-machined to fit bearings, shafts and gears precisely so the frame won't flex, even under heavy cranking. This reel has a rugged TiMag Salt bail system and a Multi-Stack Magnum™ Ceramic Drag that will not swell, even under extreme heat. The multiple, oversized drag washers in the front and rear of the spools distributes pressure for accurate, consistent performance. The MAGLOK™ magnetic Continuous Anti-Reverse provides solid hooksets and zero backplay in the rotor and stainless steel handle. This reel also has six-layer Saltgard™ corrosion protection and a forged aluminum spool.

Description of the Catalyst-

Dominate hard-fighting inshore species. Eight polymer-stainless hybrid PT bearings provide ultrasmooth performance. Innovative ThinLine® aluminum body and sideplate reduces weight for improved handling. TiMAG® titanium bail with magnetic trip. Maglock™ continuous anti-reverse for split-second hooksetting. Multistack, front-adjustable ceramic drag and extra hard PT gears let you exert pressure on aggressive grouper and permit without worrying about heat stress. Line-managing system (LMS™) lays line evenly, with less twist, for more casting distance and fewer kinks. Long Stroke® aluminum spool for increased long-range accuracy. Machined-aluminum handle. Corrosion-blocking Saltgard™ six-layer finish.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
reelnsnook

Post by reelnsnook »

Does anybody know when this sale ends? Have to wait until Friday when I get paid. Also they offer an extra $20 off which takes care of shipping.
Rik

Post by Rik »

reelnsnook wrote:Does anybody know when this sale ends? Have to wait until Friday when I get paid. Also they offer an extra $20 off which takes care of shipping.
But you have to spend over $150.

A couple days ago the deal was $5 shipping on orders over $100
FlyFishermanUGA

Post by FlyFishermanUGA »

I'm glad I waited today then on a new reel purchase. I about bought a mid-line Shimano/Okuma to go on a backup rod, I would have been sad. Now I have dilemma to decide which reel goes on the backup rod. Thanks for the tip.

Fly
"You can't fix stupid"
reelnsnook

Post by reelnsnook »

Well I went ahead and purchase two today. The total cost was around $178.00 with shipping. Great Deal! I wanted to buy the new stratic ci4, but I guess I will have to wait a few more weeks I could not pass this deal up.
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

That was an incredible deal. Not sure I even can buy them for that price, actually positive that my price is even higher. But now they are out of stock! I am sure that did not take long.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Discontinued, all gone. Just checked with my rep. Although if anyone finds a store with some in stock, let me know.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing