Just over a Month Away.......

JoeS

Just over a Month Away.......

Post by JoeS »

Dynamic Duo.........What are you guys using?????
I am planning on using a 6"Hot Pink Plastic Night-crawler......... and a Black n Gold Hula-Popper......... :cheers: My South Shore Go To Stuff........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
gsellers1245

Re: Just over a Month Away.......

Post by gsellers1245 »

probably a dine and maybe a jerk
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
-Thomas Alva Edison-
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Pinfish and shrimp.
Credo quia absurdum
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

justabucup wrote:Pinfish and shrimp.
Not going to try Salmon Eggs and Dough Balls again this Year Buc.........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Topwater and a spoon.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

Gold dart and something else. Ok, maybe two gold darts. :mrgreen:
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Ok.....Mirodine and a Gold Spoon.........
BlueTuna

Post by BlueTuna »

I'm thinking about signing up, just need to fish more than I have been. I know I would use a Mirrodine and then the other would be a big guess. I'm going to just search the archives and make the best educated guess as possible. I have entered 1 tourney in the past and did not catch a thing! So I guess you could say all touraments this year would be a mystery lure!!! Sound fun?? Any help would be appreciated.
"There's no such word as can't" - Dad
David
overtheedge86

Post by overtheedge86 »

I'm going with spook jr. and either a gold spoon or a nearly indestructible strike king.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

BlueTuna wrote:I'm thinking about signing up, just need to fish more than I have been. I know I would use a Mirrodine and then the other would be a big guess. I'm going to just search the archives and make the best educated guess as possible. I have entered 1 tourney in the past and did not catch a thing! So I guess you could say all touraments this year would be a mystery lure!!! Sound fun?? Any help would be appreciated.
You are the second person who has said I "might" fish the PFTS events. First and foremost the PFTS events are set up to be fun with a little competition thrown in. The formats are such that we create a very level playing field. Come out and play, at the most you will spend $10 and you just might win something and most of all you will bet to meet a great group of anglers and have a fun day on the water. Hope to see you there.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Wave walker and a quasi jig.
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

What? Nobody else gambling with a soft plastic? I've had the same gold dart on my pole for about 6 months now. I don't see any reason to go with anything else. Hell, I might actually catch something on it. :lol:

Seriously, I see some of you are going with lures you normally probably wouldn't fish with just because you are afraid of losing a soft plastic. It's tournament time, use the lures you feel confident with. I've never had too much problem keeping a dart on a jighead even after catching 6 or 7 fish with it. Since I don't plan on catching that many fish on tournament day, I'm going to use my go-to lure. If I should happen to lose it early, I'll just throw the topwater for the rest of the day.

I know the purpose of these tournaments is to take you out of your comfort zone by making you use different lures, but I really like being uncomfortable knowing that I might lose 50% of my lure allotment on the first cast. :cheers:
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

OK Mark just for you and old time sakes. Make mine a white horny toad and a Quasi jig.
Credo quia absurdum
Rik

Post by Rik »

justabucup wrote:OK Mark just for you and old time sakes. Make mine a white horny toad and a Quasi jig.
yeah.....if you really are going to show up as your post claims, send the money right now. PayPal it to me. Right now. Put up or shut up time!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Rik

Post by Rik »

MarkM wrote:Seriously, I see some of you are going with lures you normally probably wouldn't fish with just because you are afraid of losing a soft plastic.
That is why we allowed Gulp this time. If you can do it with one Gulp instead of $17 dollars worth of Gulp in a big bucket, go right ahead and use them.

It is, though, a brave and confident guy who uses two soft plastics.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

There's more puffers on that s.shore then whores on Nebraska ave. Soft plastics are indeed risky but the rewards may be great. A bold play! Who is man enough to join the Scotch Plains scallywag?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.