Hurrah Creek/Lake w/pics

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
catfish308

Hurrah Creek/Lake w/pics

Post by catfish308 »

Hit up Hurrah Creek in Lithia this morning for a little bass fishing before class. Water was a little cool but decided to throw a buzzbait to see what would happen. Had one follow but never caught up to it. Paddled on to the lake (wide spot in the river) and started throwing a zoom finesse worm. Things were moving slow but was able to pick up four. Not bad for a quick 2 hour trip.

Eric
When you need it and don't have it...you sing a different tune.
islander

Re: Hurrah Creek/Lake w/pics

Post by islander »

Cool!
www.lemonbayconservancy.org
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Good stuff. Does Hurrah Creek have public access, or do you launch from private land?
fishindad

Post by fishindad »

Hurrah Lake has public access, right off Thatcher road. You launch at the side of the bridge.

Thanks for posting the report! I fished from my canoe there once before. Its a neat place. There are actually quite a few places to launch around there, including inside the state park.

Fishindad
catfish308

Post by catfish308 »

fishindad wrote:Hurrah Lake has public access, right off Thatcher road. You launch at the side of the bridge.
It used to be open 24/7 but is now part of the Alafia River State Park. There is a gate that is opened at 8am and closed at sunset. I didn't see anything asking for a fee, but to go to any other part of the park is $4 for a vehicle and one person, $5 for a vehicle and 2-8 people. I was a little nervous about parking there because it's at the end of a dirt road so I just parked under the bridge to keep out of sight.
When you need it and don't have it...you sing a different tune.