New to Fish Hawk Ranch

Redrocket

New to Fish Hawk Ranch

Post by Redrocket »

Hello,

I'm new to FHR and am looking to hook up with some people to do some kayak fishing. I'm fairly new to the sport and the area so I wanted to tag along with someone familiar with the local hotspots. I have a 13' Hobie Quest and am itching to get on the water sometime soon. Thanks!

Red
Last edited by Redrocket on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsellers1245

Re: New to Fish Hawk Ranch

Post by gsellers1245 »

Hey red I'm at bloomingdale and 301. I'll be fishing almost every day for the next few weeks. Pm me and I can show u around the pond.
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
-Thomas Alva Edison-
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Welcome Red!
I am right down the street off Boyette in Riverview. PM me. I've been fishing lower Tampa Bay for about 26-27 years.
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Welcome...I'm in Merlinglenn and my wife is president of the PTA at Beavis. If there's anything we can do to assist in your transition shoot me a pm. If there's one thing I can advise is going to disco night "downtown FH". It's a hoot! They also do 80's night. Couple years ago we had a Bon Jovi look a like come in - "Helloooooo Fishhawk." I wouldn't plan a fishing trip the next day though.

If you saw a nut flipping his sailcanoe this weekend in one of the ponds - that was my son and I. Pond-trials before sea trials.

BTW - there's some good bass fishing in the ponds. Basic stuff will get 'em - 6-8" black worms, 3-5" silver and black rapalas. Crankbaits are tough this time of year, but a month ago it was doable. Fly fishing is tough (trees, screens...), but I've seen some guys pull it off. I would go with a worm now - no weight weedless. I've used bubble-gum in the skinny stuff too.

For what it's worth, Kneedeep sold me a kayak about 6 months ago and I've pretty much been paddlin' ever since. I paddled so much my steering rod on my boat/stinkpot froze up. Guess she was jealous and wanted some attention.

I've been wanting to do a "Lithia/Riverview-pf.com get together" at the Beershed for about 3 months now. With the weather changing perhaps this will be a good catalyst. Either that or a run to Pine Key off Apollo Beach. I'll PM the folks listed above and see if there's any interest - if there is we'll post a formal thread with a date and time.
JB
ZeroSix

Post by ZeroSix »

Red - are part of "MacDill East" crew?
“Buda! Wanna see the best thing about owning a Hobie???”

18 March - Eric Bell Memorial

Hobie Outback - Moss "Ole Blue"
Hobie Pro Angler - Dune "Big Phaddy"

Sr. Vice President ExPS-Elite -PFK-CaC
bassboy

Post by bassboy »

Redrocket welcome aboard the craziest and wackiest fishing forum u are in for a treat here look forward to seeing ya on the water. Im right down the road on bell shoalls and hummingbird there a bunch of us crazy people on this side of town.