Visiting Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Flamingo to Big Bend
LagoonAddict

Visiting Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Post by LagoonAddict »

I am visiting my cousin on Redington Beach starting tomorrow thru Sunday afternoon. Don't get over to the west coast much and don't know my way around too well.

I am planning on either bringing my boat or a couple kayaks and spending as much time on the water as possible. Depends on how my cousin's shoulder is healing up from rotor cuff therapy and what his doctor says today.

Without giving away any secrets.....any suggestions on where the current action is happening???

I'll be happy to return the favor if you ever get over to the Mosquito Lagoon area where I live.
East Coast "Clique of One"

"'til reinforced, can we learn the ways of church-mice"
1okbyme2

Re: Visiting Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Post by 1okbyme2 »

Hopefully all this weather will blow through so we can get out by Saturday morning's PFTS event at Palma Sola Bay.
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell
LagoonAddict

Post by LagoonAddict »

I'm going to have to bring my flats boat with me this trip.....cousin didn't get the ok from the DR......his shoulder operation was only 4/5 weeks ago so its not ready for any prolonged paddling.....next time for sure tho.

So any ideas where to launch and fish from a boat would be appreciated.

Bob

MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

If I had a stink pot I would launch it at Bay Vista Park in south St. Pete. It's rarely ever crowded. You have Ft. Desoto to the West, Weedon to the North, and CRB and Bishops Harbor to the south. Tarpon Key is between Bay Vista and Desoto and is on fire right now.

Be Aware of the no cumbustion zones and be sure to post pics of your catches.

Welcome to the West Side
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Drop the kayaks in at Redington boat ramp right there at the end of Park Blvd and go in either direction. You'll find fish.
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

CooKnFish wrote:Drop the kayaks in at Redington boat ramp right there at the end of Park Blvd and go in either direction. You'll find fish.
X2.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
LagoonAddict

Post by LagoonAddict »

My thanks to you all for your help. My younger cousin lives just down the street from Park Blvd. so we launched the stink pot from Reddington Park.

Saturday we headed up toward the pass just around the Bell Aire bridge???? got a little windy and started to get pretty rough so decided not to try going out in the Gulf.

Some info to share with you....we fished just off a beach on the south side of Bell Aire bridge (on the bay side)...there's a small channel about 30 yards off the beach just filled with trout and Spanish Mackeral....we tore them up Sat......not much in size but plenty of them to have fun. Saw a couple guys with their kayaks out there too. Plenty of catchin to share!!!

Sunday we fished the flats east of Redington Beach (in the bay) and east of the channel ....lots of reds...we got a couple small ones but there was a large school running all over the place spooked as could be.... head dead east from mile marker 24 and you'll find them up against the grass and mangroves. We took the grandkids with us and they had a ball.

Thanks again guys....we had a great family fun weekend.

Bob