Englewood Beach and or Port Charlotte

Flamingo to Big Bend
taekwondo

Englewood Beach and or Port Charlotte

Post by taekwondo »

Anybody here from Englewood Beach and or Port Charlotte? I am very new here and new to kayaking relatively speaking about 6 months ago I started. I brought a home in Englewood Beach and am looking to meet up with people to fish. I prefer the ocean, although my experience is on the east coast IRL fishing mostly around Titusville.
Rik

Re: Englewood Beach and or Port Charlotte

Post by Rik »

Reach out to Size Matters. He lives in that area and is always looking for someone to fish with.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
UrbanLegend

Post by UrbanLegend »

Tae, good to see some OKFCers heading west!!! SizeM is a pretty cool guy, never fished with him but we've talked a few times. If your still searching for bulls or kings out east this fall, I'll try to link up with you.
taekwondo

Post by taekwondo »

Please do gentlemen. Also pass my contact info to size matters.

phone 4074623882

email [email protected]

I went to jobean pier, and caught one small flounder on Sat.

did not take my yak or I might have done better.

my next time up will be thanksgiving probably for the weekend Thur, Fri, Sat. Sunday.

maybe fish on friday or sat?

real name is Henry

Post by 0119 »

Hi Henry, Im a Henry too. I live in Gulf Cove a mile or two from El Jobean. Cant help you w/off shore or bay stuff. But, take 776 past El Jobean and Riverwood and stop at the first culvert around the bend. Thats Sam Knight Creek to the right it leads into Tippicanoe bay. Good for reds, trout and small shark. You gotta time the tides just right or you'll get grounded. Also watch for the oyster beds when it gets low.
taekwondo

Post by taekwondo »

No kidding, my wife's cousin and his wife life in gulf cove. Actually, she has two cousins living there near the pool. Across the street from the wendy's!

Do you have a yak?

Post by 0119 »

Weird! Im just a few houses away from the pool! Yup I yak but am laid up with a ruptured tendon in by foot. Stuck with brace and lost most of its strength. Stuck on shore for now.
taekwondo

Post by taekwondo »

Sorry to hear that. His name your neighbor is Rafa Cifuentes, her other cousin who lives across the street from him is Eduardo Cifuentes? They both have pools in their backyards, so don't use the public pool I'd imagine. Anyway, hope you feel better and get better soon. I will be down in Englewood for thanksgiving, my phone number is 407 462-3882. Give me a call sometime, so we can meet up.
taekwondo

Post by taekwondo »

Still hoping to meet up with somebody in the area to fish with. I haven't heard from anyone.
gatordave

Post by gatordave »

I am down here also. I can only fish weekends due to work. Ken( Sizematters) has some weekdays off. let me know when your going to be down here and we can go fish a bit.
taekwondo

Post by taekwondo »

I'll be down for Thanksgiving weekend (probably get down there T day in the am, and maybe can fish either friday or sat. I should have my yak, so let me know. My number is above in the thread.
taekwondo

Post by taekwondo »

Coming down Thursday Tday in the early hours, hoping still to meet up with someone to fish the ocean, Friday or Sat. Send me a pm.
gatordave

Post by gatordave »

I am going down to chockoloski this weekend or I would. I will. E around all thanksgiving weekend
taekwondo

Post by taekwondo »

Happy holidays to all. I am headed down to englewood on Thanksgiving day to spend with wife and daughter. Hope to fish either Friday or Sat. If anyone like to join me, please pm or call me at 407 462-3882. As of yet, I haven't gotten any leads to fish with anybody so I am free. Henry
gatordave

Post by gatordave »

I can go out thanksgiving weekend. I will call you tonight
size matters

Post by size matters »

I have been on some maternity leave for the last 30-40 days. I am back now and ready to fish. I am usually free one day in the week and sometimes sundays. I also want to do a road trip to Tampa and fish with some of those guys. I am sorry I did not get back with you sooner. I also want to go to east wall and do some fishing. Someone please talk me into a fishing trip...lol
"President of the Dink Fishing Club"